Who else waits ????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would cut year round , I prefer the colder weather but it's a royal pain trying to get around the woods in 2-3 ft of snow. So usually end up cutting from Apr thru Dec. Maybe if I had some bias ply tires....

Yeah, like the old Co-op Grip Spurs or bias ply Buckshots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cut all year from 15* to 100* there isn't enough days in the year, but when the cold temps come I love the "Johnny Come Lately's" their wallet opens deeper too. Any gripe and "It's No Wood For You" "NEXT !". Like the soup Nazi on Seinfeld.

Now don't get me wrong I don't increase my price I just don't haggle when it's cold and I'm busy.

Oh boy... did someone mention bias ply tires??
A set of self-cleaning, traction lug (mud and snow) bias ply tires will take ya' places all-season/all-terrain radials only dream about.

Here's my truck in the woodlot... ain't even locked the front hubs in... and ain't slipped a wheel neither.

dscf0014-jpg.327978

Like I said, they self-clean... the side lugs will never load up, even in thick clay mud.

dscf0015-jpg.327979

How in the world did you rust a truck that new out so bad ?
This is Iowa... crushed limestone roads in the summer, calcium chloride and salt in the winter.
Those pictures are nearly two years old (January 2014)... the rust is worse today.
And the sad part?? The truck has less than 70,000 miles on it :(

Here is one i hauled in today ,the sad part is beds sell slow here so it will most likely end up crushed in the crusher for weight CIMG7403.JPG

We have quite a few guys that go visit you Southerners for car parts , I know 2 brothers that alternate there time down there , they have a circuit that they travel , high demand truck body parts like doors , fenders, boxes and bumpers plus all the gastanks they can find for common cars .
They are not poor by any means and I'd like a box for my 2000 Ef2Fiddy :)

Oh boy... did someone mention bias ply tires??
A set of self-cleaning, traction lug (mud and snow) bias ply tires will take ya' places all-season/all-terrain radials only dream about.

Here's my truck in the woodlot... ain't even locked the front hubs in... and ain't slipped a wheel neither.

dscf0014-jpg.327978

Like I said, they self-clean... the side lugs will never load up, even in thick clay mud.

dscf0015-jpg.327979

I haven't seen a set of lasagna tires in 15 years. Where did you score those?!

Can't take it, Brian A few of those pictures and I just felt all my old football injuries at once.
I have been doing this for 28 years now,you would be sick to see the stuff we scrap here, i will dig out some more samples tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back