Who else waits ????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't mind cutting when it's warm. I have a couple small blower fans I bring with to work in front of. However this year, I been trying to get stuff done and wood cutting has taken a back seat. Hope to get out this weekend to get a load cut and split. I'm thankful I had enough left over that I only need about 2-3 cord (2-3 trailer loads) to be full up. Sucks as I get a new splitter this year, and barely get to use it.

Well the pile i had decked up 5-6 years ago got all punky ,only a few cedar and fir sticks were salvageable ,all the alder is junk .Made a heck of a bon fire for a couple days .
bore cut cedar 037.jpg bore cut cedar 036.jpg log pile 051.JPG

I like to cut in the spring because nothing else is going on early April through mid May. Fall is for hunting. But I ended up doing several cords this fall anyhow.

Year round but not as much during mowing season as that is my primary work. Unfortunately, cooler fall and winter weather means rain and mud here, makes the job harder. Spring is for working the garden and getting back to mowing, although I like to split a lot then as it is still cool and not hot yet.

Don't know about cutting,

but, that sure sounds like a lot of the people that call me looking for a wood delivery between Thanksgiving and April Fools Day every year.

Take Care
+1. Nobody wants to buy a load of wood until its basically to late. Roads are slick and side roads are muddy. And if you do make it to their house it's to bad to get the truck to the front door to dump it and then the buyer gets huffy becuase they might have to carry a chunk of wood 10 extra steps.

really have to cut wood here in the spring or summer. I don't cut in sept-December cause I spend most of that time getting ready for hunting, or hunting holidays, enjoying the wood I cut the summer before! I have cut in February once but the roads are so slick it's really not fun at all. We have what is called "gumbo mud" here that is mostly gray clay. Now if the pile is low and I need some heat and I have to then I would.

I cut year round this past year because I'm now a second year burner and I'm busting my ass to get ahead. I actually cut in 90 degree weather here this year because I got a nice hook up with about 20 logs of black locust and cherry. About 90 percent locust and the guy wanted it gone. I enjoy the heat but this one was a little tough. Got it all bucked and to my house in late August and first week of September. Started splitting a week or so later but I waited until evening or did it early morning. I have a nice maple that I process under and it helps a lot with shade. Next year I can bet I won't be cutting or processing in the heat unless it's to get it off of someone's property.

Latest posts

Back