Who else waits ????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been doing this for 28 years now,you would be sick to see the stuff we scrap here, i will dig out some more samples tomorrow.

Dunno about interstate title transfers, but if ya couldn't haul them by train, you could pay for a semi in a couple years in parts. Rust free old stuff. Friggen spoiled rotten.

The problem is the transport across the rocky mts ,most companies wont drive over them for some reason

Yup. Sometimes rail transport is one-sided. And the space on a return trip is next to nothing because they'd be hauling an empty load. I'm probably dreaming but you guys are smashing up gold for peanuts. You know it as well as we do.

I cut and split year round but I do love those customers who call at 2 pm the day before a snowstorm expecting delivery before dark.
are you sure you don't live in PA?

Yes ,i scrap a lot of trucks ,my friends back east hate when i smash them .
Here is a sampler View attachment 461011 View attachment 461016 View attachment 461017 View attachment 461018 View attachment 461020
from just what i can see on that old 50's chevy in that one pic is about $500 in parts.:cry:

With scrap at dollars a ton I don't see how it could be profitable right now.

The crew cab 1 ton Ford if it was not too rusty would easily sell for 2-3k.... scrap value right now, maybe $50.

Its 60 degrees in the house. It was 38 this morning in North LA and its in the high 40's rite now. couldn't wait any longer. The first fire of the season! Me and Lucy (family pet) is hanging by the fire.

c7bf92c03c639d26d9ce4e4fe1624dcd.jpg

This is the first year I am ahead. I have about a year and a half worked up and have another semi load of logs coming. I think I am going to enjoy being ahead and not having to stress about running low.

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk

Oh boy... did someone mention bias ply tires??
A set of self-cleaning, traction lug (mud and snow) bias ply tires will take ya' places all-season/all-terrain radials only dream about.

Here's my truck in the woodlot... ain't even locked the front hubs in... and ain't slipped a wheel neither.

Like I said, they self-clean... the side lugs will never load up, even in thick clay mud.

They don't even make good pizza cutter sizes much anymore. I've got Cooper S/T in 255/85-16, they're about perfect but probably won't be available much longer. It's all about flashy wide short sidewalled tires now.

Latest posts

Back