who needs help for storm work?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am still a small fry I average around 3,000 - 3,500 a week... when i grow up I want to be like you... just teasing ... im happy for ya.:clap:

Don't get to excited for me alot more goes in then I like to know or admit but long term is what I am going for so I am spending the money, and giving the blood and sweat now to hopefully insure a comfortable retirement for me and the guys down the road. Averaging $8,500 a week may seem like alot when you are use to 3k but in the big spectrum of things its peanuts, IMHO...

I'd be happy at 7500 a week if all went well. Of course I work on the crew so thats one less to pay I suppose. Thats 5 days of course, I work 7 when I can.

I was speaking of 5 day averages, FYI... I only work 7 when its absolutely necessary.

mds goes back to the shop, flips his underwear inside out and then starts another day. lol

jonny d still on the crew?

Tree MDS, and others, If I have offended anyone, please accept my apologies.................... I have done rescue training, climbing, with the 175 # dummy, and have seen it performed for real. I am also a VA master electrician, (at the pentagon during 9/11/01) and I will go up after anyone who needs my help. NO MATTER WHAT. cause we're brothers.

(especially xtremetrees, JPS , the Isabel crew, and you, J Hull.)

this is serious work, that can, and will, kill us.

now that's brevity. :)

Last edited:
mds goes back to the shop, flips his underwear inside out and then starts another day. lol

jonny d still on the crew?

Lol oldirty. Slayer, I was just bustin man, thats all. Looks like you got the real deal for sure (I remember the pics you posted). Hey oldirty, looks like I may have overdone the 7 days thing. Now I'm starting to run out-I'll get more soon hopefully. Jonny d is long gone. I got an ex line guy now, hes got a cdl and I have him do the easy ones while I run the chipper. I hate boring easy trees.

We have been in contact with some people in Baton Rouge and they are saying only home owners can put stuff on the curb for FEMA. We have been told that commercial outfits have to do chipping and full clean up ourselves. Is there a way around this?
Also never been that far south, anything I need to look out for. We mostly just have to watch for poison ivy here. Not sure if snakes and bees are a big problem?
Looks like we may have a crew headin' south next week. We have two newbs starting next week and they will stay and get broke in(under close supervision of our other foreman) , while some more experienced guys go south. Three climbers + a Bil-Jax 50ft articulating lift, two excellent skid operators/groundmen, Bobcat with grapple, dump truck + chipper, ramrod and possibly a couple of migrant workers on loan from another company to drag and rake. Is this overkill? Anything else as far as equipment that we are forgetting? (Doing mostly residential work)

Nothing is set in stone though, we have plenty of work here, but nothing that can't be put off for a week or two.

Looks like we have averted the major part of Hanna here in the Triad area of NC. From the current forecasts, it looks like all I'll need to load on the truck to do cleanups around here is a rake.

Im in north Texas and ready with a bucket, bobcat with grapple and a dump trailer. Im real curious on where its gonna hit. I liked the beaumont area when rita hit but i think its gonna go more towards lousiana
sam
Call Terry Shepperd or Sam Childs with CMC. Inc
501-802-4031 We need grapple trucks, have 2 million plus yds of cleanup in Baton Rouge, LA

Galveston

Texastreemonkey,
I believe Ike is headed toward the Texas coast just south of Galveston then up through East Texas. Might wanna hold tight for closer work.

Last edited:
anybody needing help in Texas (climbers) please post, or call. There are several climbers I know looking to travel, but need to line up leads before traveling. 1400 miles, 22 hours straight thru, that's a long drive.

dave
757 784 4574

We have been in contact with some people in Baton Rouge and they are saying only home owners can put stuff on the curb for FEMA. We have been told that commercial outfits have to do chipping and full clean up ourselves. Is there a way around this?
Also never been that far south, anything I need to look out for. We mostly just have to watch for poison ivy here. Not sure if snakes and bees are a big problem?
Looks like we may have a crew headin' south next week. We have two newbs starting next week and they will stay and get broke in(under close supervision of our other foreman) , while some more experienced guys go south. Three climbers + a Bil-Jax 50ft articulating lift, two excellent skid operators/groundmen, Bobcat with grapple, dump truck + chipper, ramrod and possibly a couple of migrant workers on loan from another company to drag and rake. Is this overkill? Anything else as far as equipment that we are forgetting? (Doing mostly residential work)

Nothing is set in stone though, we have plenty of work here, but nothing that can't be put off for a week or two.

Don't take a wrong turn :laugh: The answer is absolute yes, you
need to know Cottonmouth,rattlesnakes,Copperheads thrive in the south.
Fire ants,scorpions,Alligators etc. Not that you will be bitten,ate etc.
It is just know them and don't just jump into the thicks and watch
for coral snakes,black widows,brown recluse and depending on how
far south killer bees and vampire bats,mountain lions,are some of
the differences. When you talk slow down and smell the roses and
never assume that one of us that is talking different is stupid or
beneath you as you may encounter another wild animal called
a southern redneck and I can tell ya they are formidable.

anybody needing help in Texas (climbers) please post, or call. There are several climbers I know looking to travel, but need to line up leads before traveling. 1400 miles, 22 hours straight thru, that's a long drive.

dave
757 784 4574

I am in this same boat. I am wanting to come grind somewhere but would like some tree companies to need me to come help before I commit to coming.

Give me a call,
Scott
601-941-7268

does anyone know how much is being paid for load and haul contracts in louisiana and what companies have the prime contracts?

thanks

Well it hit texas hard, called a buddy in beaumont and he said plenty of downed trees. I got some big jobs here that i cant walk away from, but beaumont has work if anybody wants to go

On the way...will be landing in 5 hours:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: in 05 we did alright in Beaumont

Back