who needs help for storm work?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anyone in the VA area want to go?
caravan, convoy, wagon train, etc...........

I'm planning to fly halfway and meet a brother from another mother,
but the airlines want more for my gear than me>:mad:

I"m on the road (in the air) monday, no matter what.

where is xtremetrees? wake up robert!
you ain't got it that good do ya!?? :biggrinbounce2:

dave
757 784 4574

Last edited:
he was banned a couple of years ago, I worked FLA and ALA with him during Charlie, francis and Ivan. But lost touch, though.

we did a lot of nasty trees together, climbing and rigging. some crazy $hit.
(and had a lot of good times)

I trusted that man with my life, and I ran his ropes also. a very good climber.
god bless a porta wrap!

hopefully he still follows this site.:cheers:

Last edited:
How long will the work last?

Was thinking of coming down to Texas in a couple of weeks for some storm work. I have a smaller outfit that couldnt really compete with all the big guys looking to move a lot of material. I guess my question to you guys is how long will the work (corrective pruning, stumps, and cleanups) last after the big push through to remove all the big stuff? Would like to come down with chipper, chip truck, stumper and an extra dump trailer. I am a climber and do not have a bucket. What are your thoughts on this??

work

lumberjacked leave the chipper at home all we are doing is removing trees to front yard and street.debris haulers come in and remove everyting from street.

Was thinking of coming down to Texas in a couple of weeks for some storm work. I have a smaller outfit that couldnt really compete with all the big guys looking to move a lot of material. I guess my question to you guys is how long will the work (corrective pruning, stumps, and cleanups) last after the big push through to remove all the big stuff? Would like to come down with chipper, chip truck, stumper and an extra dump trailer. I am a climber and do not have a bucket. What are your thoughts on this??

Hey Lumberjack--- All you need is a couple of skid steers and some roll offs---lot of saw chain and good guys.
Jeff

hey guys. i will be down in the baytown to cleveland area this week. i might need some help so pm me. send me a phone number and locale.

hmmm...which way to go?

Our crew was planning on heading out over the weekend; however, the storm was projected to do more damage near the dfw area -- so we stayed put. Now, with the storm damage here being minimal, I'm thinking the guys will be up for heading south. If anyone has suggestions or thoughts please keep posting here...I like the affirmation that other people are in the same boat as us. I saw several row companies were heading towards Palestine on Sunday.

We'll probably head for north of Houston.
my cell phone: (972)877-6166
:monkey:

work?

So, my crew and I are headed down to houston with a grapple truck and bucket. Do i not need the grapple if the stuff is just to be moved to the street? Is this a good setup, or are we hurting because we don't have a skid steer?

I'm flying to Atlanta at noon today, will be in Texas by Wednesday. I will be looking for a lot of work, and might need help. Taking a digital camera and laptop, I will post pics and workload as soon as I can get online.

I love my home state of VA, but it sure looks good in the rear view window.;)

the treeslayer
:chainsawguy:

Everyone must be busy working. How is the clean up going. I have a friend who lives in houston. Have not been able to get a hold of him but have a place to stay. I climb Got saws and rigging gear, f250 diesel, bumper pull only. Anyone need help I would love to get my feet wet in the storm cleanup. I live near Little Rock Ar and we got hit hard here too. Been busy here but starting to slow down. So i have some storm experience. Big guy who likes to work hard. Also believe in being safe. Let me know if anyone needs me or wants me :D

they are still cutting trees in baton rouge. big, big money being made to pull the trees from homes. lots of trees still down.

i dont know about long-term work though....

they are still cutting trees in baton rouge. big, big money being made to pull the trees from homes. lots of trees still down.

i dont know about long-term work though....

Here is some experiance in dealing with storms. If you are there
immediately after, monies good, it will stay good for two weeks
and then all the help will turn it to :censored: I have seen this
play out over and over, desperate people leaving there licenced
areas and coming to another state to make expense if they are
lucky. I would go with my gear but my equipment stays unless
the work is close. I will take gear and most likely stumper only
if I head that way.

looks like this post vanished into the aether....

Petersen Tree service is looking for bucket operators to do public ROW work in the hurricane zone.

I worked with them in OK last year, good people.

Kent Petersen is willing to pay for CPR and EHAP certification for qualified operators.

PM me and I will get him your information.

Back