Who ports saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was a saw I lost the crank bearings in so I had pulled it apart to rebuild but never had a chance to. Sent it to the builder in parts, so he charged $50 extra to put it together. The shipping both ways was about $140.
That makes sense.

Parts is parts.

Gotta go. NASA live Juno coverage.

AMERICA on the 4 th of July!!!!!!

When I joined AS there was a ton of good interesting threads going at any given time with really interesting folks with extensive experience & knowledge. That has changed big time, and too many valuable members got sick of the bickering and left. Nowadays we just have all the bickering and chest beating which is a shame. I am not sure what the answers are but we all collectively share in creating the forum we have. It won't cost anyone a dime to treat each other better with a little respect.

When I joined AS there was a ton of good interesting threads going at any given time with really interesting folks with extensive experience & knowledge. That has changed big time, and too many valuable members got sick of the bickering and left. Nowadays we just have all the bickering and chest beating which is a shame. I am not sure what the answers are but we all collectively share in creating the forum we have. It won't cost anyone a dime to treat each other better with a little respect.

Can only wish.

Have had to report a few members in the last few weeks for racist or flat out rude comments toward me. I have pretty thick skin but they severely crossed the line. Not sure if they are still around, I put them on ignore anyhow.

The thing too I highly doubt they'd talk to me like that on the phone or in person.

I think people difinately speak to people from behind a computer differently to in person, which often says something about them. But other sites don't have these issues, they get stamped out and a clear line of behaviour is maintained. When you have enough good decent people in one place they tend not to tolerate those who seek to cause chaos. I hope things improve and I have faith, but its gone on for a long time and appears to be getting worse not better. You don't see the 20-50 page threads that were fun and informative anymore. Kinda shame.

I think many of us have gotten more open minded over the last year or so Ryan. Personally, I've learned a ton from guys that I didn't know existed a year ago. Grudges have faded, and people have mellowed....at least I feel that way. I have no desire to become active here again really, but seeing Brads 372 thread dragged off the rails made me sick. Regardless of the fights he and I have had (and many were my fault) no one should be treated the way he has. I came here to say that......and plan to stick around long enough to address any backlash that may come from that.

But......this phone is at 4%, and I'm gonna leave soon to watch fireworks. :)

I agree dude , i cant believe people took the "snellerized saws conquers the 372" so literally..i took it as nothing more than brad found something that he didnt before..no more..no less , i dont think he was implying that his was the absolute best or it was the end be all..some guys read too far into this sh!t.

Or maybe its me and i dont read far enough into it..

IDK.

I'm new here but not to life. My daddy's a preacher, his dad and granddad were miners. My other grandad and all his boys were railroad men. I'm an American.

It's SUPER easy to fall into the BeastMode mentality. Especially for men in our demographics. Facts matter.

Opinions are like @$$holes. Everyone has them and they all stink. If you have some knowledge to share; share it. If you're smarter than everyone else and it makes you feel good to rub their nose in it; . . . I digress.

Act like a man and not a punk. Solomon said, Study to be quiet like men. Don't bait/flame and tell other people that what you have is better than what they have. Just tell everyone why you did what you did and like what you like.

Momma said, "If you cain't say somethin' nice; shut up."

That will only happen when quality becomes more important than quantity and has to start at top. This kind of behaviour has been tolerated for years and is why the forum is where it is today.

Behavior* :D

There are plenty of other reasons this forum has taken the shape it is in, and no single individual or group of guys are to blame.
I will agree that it has to start at the top.

I'm new here but not to life. My daddy's a preacher, his dad and granddad were miners. My other grandad and all his boys were railroad men. I'm an American.

It's SUPER easy to fall into the BeastMode mentality. Especially for men in our demographics. Facts matter.

Opinions are like @$$holes. Everyone has them and they all stink. If you have some knowledge to share; share it. If you're smarter than everyone else and it makes you feel good to rub their nose in it; . . . I digress.

Act like a man and not a punk. Solomon said, Study to be quiet like men. Don't bait/flame and tell other people that what you have is better than what they have. Just tell everyone why you did what you did and like what you like.

Momma said, "If you cain't say somethin' nice; shut up."
Well said sir ,this site could do with less keyboard warriors ,seems like most have given up sharing what they know because of that and have moved on ,such a shame .

Latest posts

Back