Who runs a 56 magnum AV

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are new ignitions available from a company in germany for under 200 shipped, both the bosh and sim style. he 056 is a torque monster series of saws that shine in large wood, I thought I was going to damage the av mounts trying to bog mine with a buried 25" bar, thats how hard I was pulling on it. I will only bring it out if I can drive up to what im going to cut, it's heeaavvy...but when you need to cut huge trees it eats. It also uses the common large mount D25? style bars that all of my other stihl saws use so no need to buy the larger mount bars.
IMO thats a 1,000+ dollar saw to someone looking for a saw that size, for a friend that would sell it back to me if the need arose 3-600 depending what I have into it and its easy to put 400 in parts into one of them.
Yeah, I know these guys are gunsmiths that was her grandpa saw so they won’t ever be wanting to back

i just rebuilt 2 of these with the sem ga style ignitions and there are lots of chinese clones of these ignitions. You can buy them for $100 from sawzilla and there are others i have seen around. The saw runs great but i did notice the spark is not as bright but they run and i have cut 2 loads with them and my dads saw he is using it on a sawmill with now problems yet.

i just rebuilt 2 of these with the sem ga style ignitions and there are lots of chinese clones of these ignitions. You can buy them for $100 from sawzilla and there are others i have seen around. The saw runs great but i did notice the spark is not as bright but they run and i have cut 2 loads with them and my dads saw he is using it on a sawmill with now problems yet.
I think I am just going to get it and go with it I think it’s in pretty good condition. The coil was the main thing I was wondering about.

Good tip saw zila has a replacement for the sem and the Bosch ignitions either $97 or $47

Ignitions are a known problem with this model. Parts are scarcer then hens teeth unless you get lucky.
Yes this is true.

I love my 056 because it's powerful and reliable. Yes it's slow but mine takes a 32" bar with 404 chain and gets me through big fir. But that's after I did the ignition modification that I learned from this site.

Finally got done camping in Colorado and got this saw home. It almost looks brand new. Now I need to get this thing checked out and fired up.

Attachments

• IMG_4313.jpeg
    IMG_4313.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back