Who runs his saws and who doesn't.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a hybrid...I run the snot out of em, and then I clean them asap so when not in use, they look good on my bench.

Then, I grab the saw that is easiest to clean for the next job....all my stihls seem to sit around the most:laugh:

White on a chainsaw....c'mon...I don't like junked up lookin stuff.

I only have saws I don't use when I bring home fresh broken ones. I also have a bad tendency to bring too much saw for the job. I used to run my 038 with a 25" and full skip but it seems that it hates wood more with the 20" bar, full comp and 8-pin rim on it after a little port job.

My MS660 wears a 28" b&c primarily and it's good for limbing so I don't have to bend over as much. :hmm3grin2orange:

I don't cut wood for a living, I don't heat with wood YET but I have an outdoor fire pit that gets used often and whenever we go camping we have to bring our own firewood. I try to do little odd jobs removing trees and clearing land to generate some side income but it's not much. Typically covers costs and gives me reasons to use my saws.

I just finished up an 026 PRO that was very broken when I got it. It's going to replace my 028 for little stuff but it will still get used for things here and there until I give it to one of my boys at some point. :cool2:

I'm considering porting the 026 and the MS660 is definitely going to get some work done.

My dad's older than me XL-12 will get put to work enough to keep it all working once I find a new fuel line for it.

Got some other ones that are still in broken stages. I guess I just like my chainsaws. I like to find them broken and fix them and put them to work. I sort of wish I had more work for them to do but I do as much as I can find. I always have some rollers in the back yard to cut cookies on when I am going into withdrawal.

For most people, that wouldn't make any sense at all. But everyone here seems get it. I'm getting all teary-eyed just thinking about the next project that's going to come to life and join the fleet. Some CAD bunched up with some OCD makes for very little down time for me.

Ain't that all just sweet? :blob2:

All y'all have a great day and do with your saws what ever you want!

My saw gets at least 10+ hours of use every weekend as long as it isn't really hot.
I have a husqvarna 235e with a 16 inch bar and i bet it gets more use than a lot of big saws i see guys posting on here;)

Get a 435 and it will cut your 10 hours down to 5 and change:laugh:

So you have used both the 235e and 435?

Not the 235, but I have used the poulan pro 35cc saw...ok saw, but slow and heavy for what it is. Don't take a joke the wrong way...I am one of the earthquake chainsaw fans for what its worth:cool2:

I'm a hack, but those that can run get run. Those that can't get fixed/built as time allows.

Except the Rocket.

It runs me.

I don't like to run mine. If I'm running them it means the bark beetles, the drought, or the wind has killed another of my trees. I don't hug 'em, but I enjoy looking at them. The good news, I have found that if I cut and chop them into really small pieces, and let them sit for a year, they fit nicely into this wierd hole in my living room wall, and produce heat and light if I start them on fire, so there's that at least

September till March every Monday and Friday and sometimes during the summer, but not very often.There are no shelf queens here,they all get used.
geoff.

:cheers:

Not the 235, but I have used the poulan pro 35cc saw...ok saw, but slow and heavy for what it is. Don't take a joke the wrong way...I am one of the earthquake chainsaw fans for what its worth:cool2:

My saw is light and cuts fast. I have heard people say they didn't like them but i locked out and got a good one. One day i will get a big husky just waiting until i actually need it.

My saw is light and cuts fast. I have heard people say they didn't like them but i locked out and got a good one. One day i will get a big husky just waiting until i actually need it.

Kinda like waiting to buy a gun until you actually need it.

Then it's too late, if you wait, there will no doubt be thousands of others "needing" one too.

Like after a storm!

The only saw that I haven't started is the MS 650

The least used saw is the 880, about 5 hrs a year...would be a Great Buy for someone when I sell it

The MS 660 & 385Xp get equal use, about 5 hours each year

No cutting from mid-Jan thru Feb

The most used saws MS 361, 357Xp & the MS 441

The 235 is light, especially compared to my 290 farm anchor...somethin has got to hold the barn down during a wind storm:hmm3grin2orange:

My next saw will be a 550xp...can't wait. My buddy has one and I ran it for a couple hours....screaming little monster.

Just got a 445 for 190 shipped, can't wait for that to show up.

Wanna have some fun?

http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/214984.htm

The 235 is light, especially compared to my 290 farm anchor...somethin has got to hold the barn down during a wind storm:hmm3grin2orange:

My next saw will be a 550xp...can't wait. My buddy has one and I ran it for a couple hours....screaming little monster.

Just got a 445 for 190 shipped, can't wait for that to show up.

Wanna have some fun?

http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/214984.htm

My daughter gave me a 445 last year for Christmas. I've been running the heck out of it this year. Great little saw and does all I need it to, of course I just cut firewood and nothing too big.

My daughter gave me a 445 last year for Christmas. I've been running the heck out of it this year. Great little saw and does all I need it to, of course I just cut firewood and nothing too big.

Thanks for the input, the more good I hear, the more excited I get.

I remove diseased trees and prune/trim out dead also, but around here, there is not much I can't cut down with a 20" bar. I want to get a big ole 660 , but it would be useless for me.

I am really excited about this 445, and while I really hate messing with outboard clutches, I really love where an outboard places the bar and chain when cutting. Also, I think they feel more balanced in hand...apparently while sitting on their own they are less balanced!

Thanks for the input, the more good I hear, the more excited I get.

I remove diseased trees and prune/trim out dead also, but around here, there is not much I can't cut down with a 20" bar. I want to get a big ole 660 , but it would be useless for me.

I am really excited about this 445, and while I really hate messing with outboard clutches, I really love where an outboard places the bar and chain when cutting. Also, I think they feel more balanced in hand...apparently while sitting on their own they are less balanced!

Sounds about the same use I put my thru. I run an 18" bar on mine have heard others have ran a 20" with decent success but so far I've only had a few times that a 20" bar would have come in handy.

The outboard clutch is a bit aggravating but you are right about balance in hand and yeah, it doesn't sit too well on it's on on the ground but I would rather it be balanced in hand than on the ground any day :)

Hope your new 445 does as good for you as mine has for me.

Funny,

The O.P. never did state the saw or saws that he runs???????????????????????????

Or any that he owns:taped:

Latest posts

Back