Who wants to go in on a 54 gallon drum of VP SEF94 Fuel?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is anyone else using, or have tried, this Star Tron Enzyme Fuel Treatment, LINK?

We've been using this in the shop for 2 months now, and it seems like the best most cost effective option we have. It is too soon to say what long term affect it will have, I did some real simple test and it seemed to deal with water well. I'll continue to use it since we can't get inexpensive easily accessible Ethanol free gas here. For us a 7$ bottle that treats 24 gallons of gas seems a lot more feasible than buying a 500$ drum of Ethanol free VP gas.

Last edited:
Is anyone else using, or have tried, this Star Tron Enzyme Fuel Treatment, LINK?

Most of the motorcycle, outdoor power equipment dealers and small engine repair shops I deal with in Northern Virginia use it and recommend it over most other products. I use it occasionally in the car. Don't need it for the small equipment since I use VP Racing Fuels SEF94.

All of my modern saws idle poorly and have poor throttle response with it. I won't use it. It's designed specifically for engines that turn less than 3,000 RPMs, and has a very slow burn rate. It's simply not the best choice of fuel for a chainsaw.

Yep that is very true, I have dealt with large radial engines for 15 years, large displacements, long stroke, rpms 3500 or less, 100LL is not racing fuel. Will it work, yep, is it as good as blended racing fuels, nope. When at RENO, VP racing fuel is used, it is racing fuel for a reason.

I suggest going to an active general aviation airport with an EAA chapter that sells un-leaded auto gas for aviation use. 7B3, Hampton Airfield, in NH sells auto gas, 92 octane, no ethanol, from Canada. The EAA has worked with Mobil to ensure non-ethanol supply is available for this use in the US. It mostly comes from NB or Quebec Canada.

I rounded up 8 gas cans and am fixing to head over to Logan to pick up about 30 gallons of Sunoco GTX. At this point, it's my cheapest option at $6.76/gallon. I guess they forgot to add some of the taxes when I talked to them the other day. If I bought a 55 gallon drum, it would be $6.56/gallon + $20 for a drum + about $60 fuel for the truck to go get it. This way I don't need a drum and can drive my Terazza that gets better mileage. My wife and daughter are going with me:clap:

Well that's good you found an alternative. It should run just like 93 octane pump gas I would imagine.

I found a place in weaverville nc that sells sunoco fuels. Waiting on a call back for a price and what quantity they can sell it in.

Got an answer from them. $7.50 a gallon for sunoco GTX. $37.50 for a 5 gallon can of Vp SEF 94.

It's a little over an hour away from me but it is available so that's a plus. I can still get non ethanol gas here so I'll probably stick with it until it runs out and then go to the GTX.

Not trying to change the thread, but other than fuel lines and letting a saw set with ethanol gas, whats the other problems that goes with ethanol blend?

Thats all ive been able to buy for some time. Ive been running the 93 octane shell V-power and havent had problems....... yet.

Brad
Have you check out klotz lubes octane boost?Tech sheet states -Raises MON octane rating up to 10 numbers
Stabilizes oxygenated and ethanol enriched gasoline
Preserves gasoline up to 16 months

Well, I'm home with 40 gallons of Sunoco GTX. Better than that, I had an awesome day with my Dad. After picking up the fuel, we drove an extra 11 miles on down to Nelsonville and spend a couple hours at the Rocky Boot Store. We had supper at their little restaurant. I had a bison burger. I also got a new pair of work boots for 1/2 price. I love a bargain! Bottom line, we had a great time and it was a great beginning to my holiday vacation. Thanks for the great day Dad!

BTW, they told me GTX is what Nascar ran last year. Pretty interesting. Next year they're going green with some alcohol content in their fuel:(

I've priced a 54 gallon drum of VP SEF94 small engine fuel for about $9.86/gallon. I want 10 gallons. I suspect Fatguy and Andyshine77 will want 5 to 10 each. I need some more guys to pitch in to make this doable. Who in the area wants to go in together on this? I will not ship it, and you'll need your own containers. I'm thinking I'll be picking it up the last week of the month.

you can put me and my friend down at 10 gallons each!!!!:clap:

Have you run any of it yet? I'm curious how it runs compared to the VP and regular pump gas.

you can put me and my friend down at 10 gallons each!!!!:clap:

I don't have 20 gallons to sell, just the 10. You'll need to bring your own cans. The 10 gallon will be $70 just to recoupe my cost. I'm not making anything on it. Let me know when you want to come down. I'm off until next year, but will be gone next Mon-Thurs.

Back