Why 50:1 is the Best Ratio

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now it's fact, I read it on the internet twice, 50:1 fixes broken handles.
Has anyone else lost bolts while running 50:1, I just want to know the facts:badpc:.
50:1 must have the same stuff in it as the head gasket repair kit I use :drinkingcoffee:.

Local saw shop told me theres a new product coming out called crackout. It works just like whiteout. You just spread it over the crack with a little brush and the crack is gone. The great thing about this product is it works with any ratio you run:laughing:

That product has been out for quite some time

If you like mobil you woll like dumonde tech even more,see what i mean on the tuning ,have to retune with dumond also ,but my saws were happy in a broad adjustment vs a smaller spot with other oils

loading_lg_w.gif
th

Something sounds fishy here...

If you like mobil you woll like dumonde tech even more,see what i mean on the tuning ,have to retune with dumond also ,but my saws were happy in a broad adjustment vs a smaller spot with other oils
I plan on receiving that case of Mobil 1 from the raffle, so I won't have to worry about buying different oils. :rock2:

If u think mix ratio is fun to deal with, you should do some work on the old preacher's saws. Ever heard of used motor oil for bar lube ? His new stihls and older saws get the same treatmment. Now thats a mess to clean.

18 years running saws on 50:1 Husky XP oil and then Aspen 2T (50:1) fuel and never a single issue with poor lubrication resulting in excessive wear, carbon buildup or scoring. All stock XP saws, for several hundred hours each year. Mufflers and screens never dripping wet or stinking. I've bought a few used saws recently from guys who ran 32:1 and 40:1 in them and they stink like an old burnt oil barrel. Rancid mess. Oily, coked up junkers. No thanks. 50:1 all the way.

I've never read so much speculation about oil ratios as I have here. Ported saw, I'd follow the builders advice, but on a stock saw just stick with the manufacturers specs.

18 years running saws on 50:1 Husky XP oil and then Aspen 2T (50:1) fuel and never a single issue with poor lubrication resulting in excessive wear, carbon buildup or scoring. All stock XP saws, for several hundred hours each year. Mufflers and screens never dripping wet or stinking. I've bought a few used saws recently from guys who ran 32:1 and 40:1 in them and they stink like an old burnt oil barrel. Rancid mess. Oily, coked up junkers. No thanks. 50:1 all the way.

I've never read so much speculation about oil ratios as I have here. Ported saw, I'd follow the builders advice, but on a stock saw just stick with the manufacturers specs.
If the inside of the muffler is stinky and sticky from excess mix then that's from operator error and poor tune.

Fwiw I also run 50:1 in stock saws and 32:1 in ported

I have, by my count, 27 pieces of mixed-fuel burning equipment at my Louisville branch. Throw that in with 4 440s, 2 460s, a TS 400 cut off saw and a BG 85 on my department, and an FS 130, 55 and 576XP for my personal use, plus approx. 30 saws, cut off saws and other equipment in PA.

They all run 50:1 HP Ultra, have for years, and probably will continue to. I've had no failures due to fuel yet. I think that speaks for itself.

Now it's fact, I read it on the internet twice, 50:1 fixes broken handles.
Has anyone else lost bolts while running 50:1, I just want to know the facts:badpc:.
50:1 must have the same stuff in it as the head gasket repair kit I use :drinkingcoffee:.

Local saw shop told me theres a new product coming out called crackout. It works just like whiteout. You just spread it over the crack with a little brush and the crack is gone. The great thing about this product is it works with any ratio you run:laughing:
Wasn't it Kent Hair that came out with the whiteout?

Back