Why am I not sold on the Echo TimberWolf?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i will mod the cs590 tomorrow..... the limiters are out.... well if there is light left LOL
There's no need to go beyond opening up the deflector on a stock 590. Taking the internal piece out of the deflector was worth 50% more flow on a flow bench. Also going beyond that gets stupid loud very quickly on the 590. IMG_20170624_152127.jpg Don't know why the photos upside down.

There's no need to go beyond opening up the deflector on a stock 590. Taking the internal piece out of the deflector was worth 50% more flow on a flow bench. Also going beyond that gets stupid loud very quickly on the 590. View attachment 632851 Don't know why the photos upside down.
Loud is being polite. It downright hurts even with muffs on. First time I fired mine up was in the garage, thought my ears were going to start bleeding.

IMG_20170624_152127.jpg
There's no need to go beyond opening up the deflector on a stock 590. Taking the internal piece out of the deflector was worth 50% more flow on a flow bench. Also going beyond that gets stupid loud very quickly on the 590. View attachment 632851 Don't know why the photos upside down.

ya its on top LOl i had to turn my head

I dont even do that unless im just checking it..... I tune in wood try to get a huge log ...go way rich and cut harder then i normally would then inch it in.....the cs 490 was the first time i did not totally break it in before mods.... i usually run it slightly rich cut for awhile then mod....i have never taken one back so i figured fug it....im getting better at being in tune with my saws.... I find my self adjusting all the time if i think its running hot... some people dont pay attention to a saw... i make a few hard cuts let it idle listen cut it off watch the muffler smell it ... i really hot saw will even smell hot... i know im weird....when i get a new jug of gas i even find myself paying attention....i used to just run 32 to 1 and run them hard.... now i go 40 to 1 and come as close as i can get it in big wood to tune....

Still the best deal in new saws at that price. Although at $550 a nice used 70cc saw is looking like a better deal.

I'm glad I bought mine for 299+ tax when I did. At my age it'll be like new when my Grandson's inherit it and I really love that saw. For me it's a little heavy for constant use but it'll drop ANYTHING, around here.

All sold out by now--NEW CURRENT PRICE $550 + tax--Uncle Sam has to get his---Yall had your chance------David

Our HD is still selling them for $399. But all you have to do is catch a local dealer when they have their annual 20% off sale and you are at $320.
Why did you say the new current price is $550?

Back