Why are flippy caps hated?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow another AS slugfest over the freaken cap design.

Hey Gary, lets talk about oil, it causes less bloodshed. LOL.

Wow another AS slugfest over the freaken cap design.

Hey Gary, lets talk about oil, it causes less bloodshed. LOL.

Ah heck, it aint the caps that lead to the slugfest, it's the desire for the slugfest that leads to the slugfest. If it weren't flippy caps or oil, it'd be something else for those who want to fight. :chainsaw: :D

Although I must say it's been interesting watching spacemule drop his gloves and go bare knuckle. I can't say I've seen that in him before. :)

??????????? So then what, do I still just let it leak all over the place or do I tighten it some more?

Or do I quit work, walk out of the woods, and go buy a new cap, just so the cap won't leak without using a scrench??

Whether or not I overtightened it, or its a used saw and someone else overtightened it, am I still not suppose to put a scrench in the slot that Stihl and Husky designed for it to go into?

Let me know,

Sam

Anyone who's put any sort of decent hours on an old screw cap stihl knows damn well you need to use a scrench with them, anyone telling you different is basing their 'facts' on theory not real world practice

People are just too dumb to figure out how youse them.

If they used them correctly then threads like this would have no reason to exist. I've never had a problem because I'm not retarded.

Are you completely sure about that last statement????????????? :)

I'll admit that I'm not going to read all of the pages of this thread, but as a user who has to sling a chainsaw in temps that are well below the freezing point, the flippy caps are excellent since I can remove/refuel/re-install with gloves on.

There is merit in saying that the old ones were more simple - and simple/inexpensive is most often the best - but personally I love the flippy caps.

But those who can't manage to use flip caps, are just plain retarded and that is a true fact.

Hey now...."mentally handicapped" folks can learn to do everything that we can do. Just watch...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dFiSkKpySaE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dFiSkKpySaE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I'll admit that I'm not going to read all of the pages of this thread, but as a user who has to sling a chainsaw in temps that are well below the freezing point, the flippy caps are excellent since I can remove/refuel/re-install with gloves on.

There is merit in saying that the old ones were more simple - and simple/inexpensive is most often the best - but personally I love the flippy caps.

That's the truth, most pros have stiff clumsy hands from years of chainsawing, try ####ing around with greasy screw caps on a freezing morning, or battling with the even greasier bloody things all day in wet conditions without a scrench, greenhorns like spacey haven't got a clue, the flippy caps are heaps more convenient

Anyone who's put any sort of decent hours on an old screw cap stihl knows damn well you need to use a scrench with them, anyone telling you different is basing their 'facts' on theory not real world practice

Anyone saying you need a scrench in the real world is too hamfisted to know what they need.

You don't use an oil filter wrench in install an oil filter. You don't use a saw wrench to install the gas cap. Remind me again which one of us ended up with oil on their leg.:)

Space, those screw caps wear also and will need the scrench to tighten and loosen. When the little nubs wear off the husky caps, you will need the scrench to do the same. Both have pros and cons.

If you can't operate a flippy cap, you should not be using a saw at all.;)

When something wears out, you replace it. It's called maintenance. Furthermore, you'll be hardpressed to find a husky with the tabs worn off. They're a properly designed piece of equipment after all.

When something wears out, you replace it. It's called maintenance. Furthermore, you'll be hardpressed to find a husky with the tabs worn off. They're a properly designed piece of equipment after all.

Uhhhhhhh Grasshopper your having entirely too much fun. The most popular cap in America is on the most popular brand in America, Stihl, pack that in your hiny and deal with it,hehe. Seems your proper designed equipment is being shunned and outsold by the mighty what, awww yes, the flippy cap,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back