Why are Stihls regarded as the "best"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why dont you go teach an english class,insted of busting everybodys balls for typing errors. Keep your RUDE comments to your self!!!!!!!!!!
Your post was not a typo, it was a blatant disregard for punctuation. In other words, you think you're too important to bother making your posts readable, so that means that you care nothing for those who have to wade through it or filter it as trash. That, my friend, is rude. Calling you on it is not.

I feel lucky here, our saw shop sell's and service's both Husqvarna saws, and the grey and orange saws, support for both has been great. as for the best, alot of the cutters around here have them both , kind of a flip of the coin who's the best.

This topic will outlive the cockroaches

I love this debate. It brings out the humorist in so many of y'all. Plus eloquence and colorful language. Like the man said, for good clean fun, all I need is a case of beer and a brand new episode of "All My Chainsaws", every weekday afternoon around quittin time.

When I was young and a budding photographer I went to see Ansel Adams give a talk at my university. Afterwards, a bunch of students went up and kept asking him "What kind of paper do you print on?" Hahahahahahahha. We all thought that HAD to be his secret!!! It's all in the PAPER he prints on!!!!

Kodak vs. Agfa paper.... Stihl vs Husky...... Nikon vs. Canon.... Jaguar XK-E vs. Corvette Stingray ....... a man's got to have a hobby and aruging about Husky vs Stihl is unbeatable for the cost/benefit ratio.

Oh, and just to prove I've played with both......here's what I've noticed meself.....
The Husky air filtration is visibly more efficient than the Stihl after sawing an equal length of time.
The Stihl has a sturdier feel and finish on its components.
The Husky has somewhat better anti-vibe
Stihl dealers and repair shops actually EXIST! Husky, not so much.

I just realized it's time for a reality TV show called "Stihl vs. Husky." All saw operators must be beautiful wimmin.

Time for beer now.

Tommy

Here I'll post pics for both sides of the argument, just get one and cut some wood.

Husky

gtg 126 by supercabs78, on Flickr

Stihl

gtg 041 by supercabs78, on Flickr

When you get over the Stihl Husky thing get a real saw. :msp_biggrin:

Kim's Pics by supercabs78, on Flickr

Don't let the safety police hang with Wyatt for more than 10 minutes!!! They'd be off to the mental institute!!!
Oh, and by the way, the 3120 was faster...
Ya know...
And stuff...:hell_boy:

If you can't operate a flippy cap then you probably lack the mental goods to remember to wipe your ass after taking a #### and that putting a butter knife in an outlet will shock you

as for them being too heavy..... don't be a #####, nobody respects that

If you can't operate a flippy cap then you probably lack the mental goods to remember to wipe your ass after taking a #### and that putting a butter knife in an outlet will shock you

as for them being too heavy..... don't be a #####, nobody respects that

Now THAT'S funny right there... :ices_rofl:

I don't remember any of this brand animosity between McCulloch and Homelite guys. We argued technique, skill level and production rates. What chainsaw you choose to use rarely entered the conversation. However we were professionals, with a demanding job that required a high skill level, when you asked someone how their saw is working out for them, you got an honest answer. We didn't waste time deriding a personal choice in equipment, if it worked, you kept using it, if it didn't, you ditched it.

Around here it's husky and jonsered the stihl fans are all victims of brainwashing it's all personal prefer ins do you want to go fast or do you want to go slow

If you can't operate a flippy cap then you probably lack the mental goods to remember that putting a butter knife in an outlet will shock you

Reminds me of a comedian who says "The primary difference in how Moms and Dads raise sons is that Moms run around worrying about little Junior near an electrical outlet with a butter knife. Dads sit back and watch, saying 'wait for it, the boy might learn something'"

the 3120 was faster...
Ya know...
And stuff...:hell_boy:

:hmm3grin2orange: Ya know I don't always remember things how they happened, I remember things How I wanted it to be. :hmm3grin2orange:

I guess thats what I got you and Stump for to keep me honest. :laugh:

Last edited:
AMD vs Intel.

One is a speedy chip that runs hot and you can clock it up even farther than that. The other is a slower chip, but the temps are way lower, thus assumed longevity. The slower one costs more money. Go figure...

Most people don't even know which they have. They just want it to work. It's the hardcore people getting into the particulars.

:hmm3grin2orange: Ya know I don't always remember things how they happened, I remember things How I wanted it to be. :hmm3grin2orange:

I guess thats what I got you and Stump for to keep me honest. :laugh:

That's ok... Hal's 880 left an impression on the boy I still have to hear about...
Weekly...
:msp_mad:

I don't remember any of this brand animosity between McCulloch and Homelite guys. We argued technique, skill level and production rates. What chainsaw you choose to use rarely entered the conversation. However we were professionals, with a demanding job that required a high skill level, when you asked someone how their saw is working out for them, you got an honest answer. We didn't waste time deriding a personal choice in equipment, if it worked, you kept using it, if it didn't, you ditched it.

Randy, you nailed it....between Stihl and Husqvarna....McCulloch is the best!

Used to get better parts availability/service for Stihl locally.....so I ran Stihls. Now it's shifted to the other way around....so I run Huskys.

Don't really see much difference at the end of the year, just boring details.

Now, chain and grinder set-up?.....That's actually interesting.....and much more fun to debate.

Yup! same here, we just used them if it worked keep workin it, a faller I know was probly the last guy to stop using SP125's just got to hard to find parts thats why he stopped , but we've used them all .

Cary

These kinds of threads are more recreational in nature than any actual conveyance of valuable information. In the end, everyone will use their saws of choice and others whatever can be found cheap. Either way they all cut wood a lot better than a crosscut whip saw. Some brands are spoken about on here that are only "hearsay" to me. Such as Dolmar and Jonsered. i have never seen a dealer that sold either of those brands. Same with Solo. I have seen pictures.... What we have here is Stihl, Husqvarna and Echo. And then of course whatever you can buy in HD, Walmut, lows, and whatever other department stores sell. In my workshop I have saws from Stihl, Husky, Poulan and Homelite. Stihl is my main brand, the others I play with. I am not closed minded, just have preferences.

Relax there Sparky ...

This is a chainsaw forum, not a high school class. This is the 2nd time you've busted some ones balls over punctuation. If you dont like reading what people have to say,find something else to do,or keep it to your self.

I always hope these threads will help to open others minds that are blindly loyal to one brand, no matter what that brand is.

I was always a diehard Stihl guy before I came here. It was threads like this that helped to open my mind to the other good brands out there. Looking back, I was missing out on alot of good saws because of the loyalty to one brand. There's just no ONE brand that is superior in every way.

Latest posts

Back