Why Do Stihl Saws Cost SO Much More?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No some one paid you to have fun using chainsaws. But I'm sure you would have done it for free. I know I would have but I would have taken the wood.
No fun involved, it was work. at my age it's not fun anymore. I been cutting trees about 15 years longer than you been alive. You can have the wood, it's sweet gum.

No fun involved, it was work. at my age it's not fun anymore. I been cutting trees about 15 years longer than you been alive. You can have the wood, it's sweet gum.

If you are anything like me then work is my fun. I would work all day every day if I could. Laying on the couch watching tv is not my idea of a good time. Being productive is fun to me I go crazy sitting around. I hope to burn wood as long as I can.

If you are anything like me then work is my fun. I would work all day every day if I could. Laying on the couch watching tv is not my idea of a good time. Being productive is fun to me I go crazy sitting around. I hope to burn wood as long as I can.
So typing on a keyboard is? Why can't you work all day every day? your young and full of testosterone, That attitude will change as your body wears down. I don't like sittin and watching TV either but I don't want to work all day every day, been there and done that many years. fishing and hunting take priorities now.

So typing on a keyboard is? Why can't you work all day every day? your young and full of testosterone, That attitude will change as your body wears down. I don't like sittin and watching TV either but I don't want to work all day every day, been there and done that many years. fishing and hunting take priorities now.

I get it. That's y id like to work as much now as I can. I have young children that I need to spend time with while they are young. My dad goes on fishing trips all the time he retired 11 years ago around 50. I don't think I will get that chance. My father in law cut wood until he died at 71 he retired at 70 due to a long life of lymphoma and Parkinson's. I'll work as long as I can. You can't tell me that with all your saws you used the wild thing strickly for business and not to have some fun.

I get it. That's y id like to work as much now as I can. I have young children that I need to spend time with while they are young. My dad goes on fishing trips all the time he retired 11 years ago around 50. I don't think I will get that chance. My father in law cut wood until he died at 71 he retired at 70 due to a long life of lymphoma and Parkinson's. I'll work as long as I can. You can't tell me that with all your saws you used the wild thing strickly for business and not to have some fun.
What saws..ok you see the ones in my sig, I only put that there so's I could fit in here. if'n I just put a wild thang, they would make fun of me.

It's just a young guy, older guy thing. I am on the older side and hope to heat our home a few more years. 10 to 15 would be good. :cheers:

I don't mean any disrespect to the older guys. Most of the people I went to high school with still live at home and the others moved to the suburbs working office jobs. I'm working hvac and keeping my family warm by cutting wood. We live some what simple in the country and I'd like to keep it that way to teach my children about working for stuff you need.

I don't mean any disrespect to the older guys. Most of the people I went to high school with still live at home and the others moved to the suburbs working office jobs. I'm working hvac and keeping my family warm by cutting wood. We live some what simple in the country and I'd like to keep it that way to teach my children about working for stuff you need.
Sounds like you're gonna raise em right. good on you.:clap:

In my experience the stihls are just built more robust, they can take more of a beating than a husky. I used to be a stihl guy but switched to husky, always thought stihls where the tougher longer lasting saw. But the Huskies are easier to work on and to replace parts.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

20180509_215822.jpg 20180514_104605.jpg
I don't know if Stihl sell their chain in rolls or not. My only Stihl is a little one and I use off the shelf chains on it anyways. If they do sell rolls and your dealer doesn't buy them and make loops themselves, that's a dealer thing.

If Stihl's policy is to not make oddball size loops at their corporate facilities but sells rolls to dealers. Corporate Stihl would have no idea what size loops individual dealers are making.

Those are really good prices. Maybe due to overstock, I have no idea. If you're interested in either of those two saws, I'd buy the one for sure.

If you're married and are worried about what the wife will say. Just doesn't tell her until after you buy it and use it. It's easier to beg for forgiveness then ask for permission. Or maybe your wife's like mine. Honey, I bought a new chainsaw. I don't care....just don't bring them in the house anymore! :laugh:

I did $600.00 ... No Bar "$50 Mail In Rebate" ... at The Loggers View attachment 652432 Congress ... "Chainsaws are the Lesser of 2 Evils .. for Safety"

NYH1.

In my experience the stihls are just built more robust, they can take more of a beating than a husky. I used to be a stihl guy but switched to husky, always thought stihls where the tougher longer lasting saw. But the Huskies are easier to work on and to replace parts.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

i have better luck with my huskies then most all stihl guys have with their stihls. it's all about you, the owner/operator of that saw. plus, i saw 2 huskies die in 2017 whereas i lost count of the stihls lol.

industry.jpg
i have better luck with my huskies then most all stihl guys have with their stihls. it's all about you, the owner/operator of that saw. plus, i saw 2 huskies die in 2017 whereas i lost count of the stihls lol.

I'll be. Via media, or here, I see 50/50 ... I have noticed the "BC Fallers" Island or Mainland ... Use Husqvarna ? BC Fallers Training vids! ... Seems the 390 is dominate ? ... This was Westboast's suggestion's west1.jpg

Latest posts

Back