Why do west coast loggers fell timber the way the do?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
25-29 inch pine ?now i see why they run short bars back east ...........

Thats length not diameter. Sometimes things don't go the way you plan. Fuel problem. Changed both filters and air filter but still starving for fuel. Both tanks are clean ,no leaky lines , i'll try cracking the injector lines.

25-29 inch pine ?now i see why they run short bars back east ...........

But yeah, small diam. also . That's why you need to fall alot of trees per day to get a good tally. A pine job we did last week just a tad over 1 acre gave us 8 tri axle loads and 300 yards of chips.

I was under the impression that the Off Topic Forum here was pretty darn funny, but these last 8 1/2 pages have provided me with some pretty good laughs. So thanks for that.
Jonathan

But yeah, small diam. also . That's why you need to fall alot of trees per day to get a good tally. A pine job we did last week just a tad over 1 acre gave us 8 tri axle loads and 300 yards of chips.

lot different than out here ,on my way to work i follow trucks holding 5-11 logs normaly ,some have more small ones ,for the pulp

Yup...you'll notice that there are some people who don't post here. :laugh:

Bob,
I would imagine that the humorless, ne'er do wells would be shown the door rather quickly, and I'd also venture to say the door wouldn't be opened before they make their "assisted" exit.

I also have a theory about those spikes wearing out faster:

As we (collective) age, gravity has a greater effect on our bodies. It is therefore my theory that it becomes more physically taxing to lift one's legs to the proper height to allow the needed clearance for said spikes, resulting in more wear.

But then again, I've been known to be full of crap from time to time.

In response to the corks wearing faster: just because they are made out of tool steel does not mean they are made out of 'hardened' tool steel. Regular unhardened tool steel is only a little harder then mild steel, could be ya all got a bad batch of "tool steel calks" or they where made in china buy long duk foo who wouldn't know the difference anyway:msp_thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back