Why do you list chainsaws in your sig?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Why do you list saws in your Sig?

• Total voters
Wooddog,

How did you say it?

"I'm just a idiot and like to show off"

Well, I think that in my case is definitely option #4 ! :spam:

Last edited:
Careful

I suppose it also adds a certain amount of credibility, shows you know what you're talking about. For example, if I posted for help on a MS880 that wouldn't start and two people answered, out of the two below whose advice am I going to take first?

Answer 1: owns 2 066s, 1 MS880, 1 090, numerous other Stihls

Answer 2: owns a wild thing, and a Mculloch

go figure...

Answer 1 might be from some dude with more money than brains. Sort of like cars, who are you gonna trust, a mechanic with a couple well-running cars, or some a55hole with a mansion and a garage of 25 cars?

For your method, it would be more helpful if people listed the saws they had rebuilt in their sigs.

I'm not saying it's a foolproof method, just trying to explain how it could be of some use - however most people it probably is at least part showing off (myself included!)

cheers,
Joe

I list my saws because I love owning and working with them and because it's fun! :cheers:

Stick that in your poll and smoke it.:chainsaw:

You didn't need a fake poll to make your point. It's a point that's been made before and will be made again. In the end, do what pleases you. Still America, right? :D :D

Simple question I have been pondering since I have been reading here :dizzy:. Why list your saws?

I get a lot of private messages asking about the saws I list in my sig.

It's more convienient then posting "I have a 335xpt, 359, walkerized 372, sling'r 390 and walkerized 3120, feel free to ask me questions about them" every week.

I list my saws because I love owning and working with them and because it's fun! :cheers:

Stick that in your poll and smoke it.:chainsaw:

You didn't need a fake poll to make your point. It's a point that's been made before and will be made again. In the end, do what pleases you. Still America, right? :D :D

Post Of The Month.

Should We Start A Poll?
:chainsaw::chainsaw::chainsaw:

Cat names Emeril, Alanzo, Fatty and Princess

Listing saws in a sig could be a handy sales tool.
Like if had a Dolmar 166 in my sig, I'm sure I'd be getting some PM's.
The sig can double as a little trading post.

Gypo

No Sir no cat names for me. Now let's talk dog names. You know like big dog names Stihl and Sachs. :cheers:

Listing saws in a sig could be a handy sales tool.
Like if had a Dolmar 166 in my sig, I'm sure I'd be getting some PM's.
The sig can double as a little trading post.

Gypo

I'm new to this list and I agree. I am very interested in some of the saws different people have. It may be bragging to some, but I consider it a source of information. I actually enjoy it and feel it adds to the list.

I like when people post their saws, its interesting to see what people are using. Thats why I posted mine, not for any type of bragging or gloating. I also like when people list their mods too because you can see what mods people are running too. Also, sometimes if I have a stupid simple question I will just PM someone who has the saw listed that I have a question about instead of polluting the forum with meaningless crap. So, contrary to some popular beliefs, there are more reasons for listing your saws in your sig than just bragging.

I'm new to this list and I agree. I am very interested in some of the saws different people have. It may be bragging to some, but I consider it a source of information. I actually enjoy it and feel it adds to the list.

I did the math. Lets say there are 50,000 members here and each member has an average of two saws and each saw cost an average of 500$
That's a whopping 50 million and 100,000 saws.
I'm sure my findings are very conservative.

Would 100,000 saws fit in a single dwelling I wonder? I'd sell 99,980 of them on ebay.

What would happen to AS if I had all the saws here on this site? Lol

Gypo

imagine this at the bottom

-------------------------------------------------------------

660 arctic
(2)066 Magnum
066 BB
064 BB
041av
(2) 041avfb
034aveq
032av
031av
029 Super Farm Boss
Ms280
028wb
Poulan 3300
Poulan Pro 4620
Poulan 42cc WT
Craftsman 3.7
Craftsman 2.3
(3)Homie Super2
Sears 77cc Gear-Drive
Lombard 40 77cc Gear-Drive
David Bradley 360
John Deere 80ev
John Deere 19
John Deere 14
(2) Dolmar 120si

looks pretty rude huh

I am proud of my saws and like listing them.. It has nothing to do about bragging.. If you have a problem with it dont read my signature!! :chainsaw:

I like seeing what saws other people have too.. One quick glance and I know if they are a Stihl, Husky, Jonsered, Dolmar, or "culturally mixed" guy/gal.

Last edited:
imagine this at the bottom

-------------------------------------------------------------

660 arctic
(2)066 Magnum
066 BB
064 BB
041av
(2) 041avfb
034aveq
032av
031av