Why do you list chainsaws in your sig?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Why do you list saws in your Sig?

• Total voters
I only own one saw, a Sachs Dolmar 120 super, but it doesn't count as it is still on the workbench in the shed waiting to be put back together if cold weather ever decides to go away so I can work out there. So obviously I can't put that in my sig line.
And since this is a chainsaw forum, not a four wheel drive forum, I am not gonna list all my four wheel drives.
My cat's name was Hillary (former landlord named her that when they had her but I HATE that name). When I inherited the cat I changed her name to Kitty. Original, huh ??
No mice in my house either.

How many times do you beat your wife in a week?

Once.
twice.
three times.
only when she needs it.

:agree2:

That poll is down right funny Sir. I like it better then the stupid one I tried to make up to go with all the other stupid polls here lately. :cheers::clap::yourock:

To tell the truth, I don't own any saws, or at least for very long.

I'll put one together when I do need one, then sell it or part it out when I am done.

So if I'm getting this right I'd have a lot more credibility if I listed a bunch of saws in my sig line??

Would it make me a better saw wrench??

Would it make any advice or help I give here better??

Would it make me more popular???

Would I actually need to own the saws or can I just pick some really cool ones to list in my sig??

And if I do have to own them do they need to actually work or can I just find any ole POS carcass to increase my credibility/cool factor??

If I only own one or two parts of a saw does it qualify as sig worthy??

I listed my Mac 110 in my sig for a while and got ragged over it, would I have been cooler if I listed one of my other saws..... I have a green one too??

Inquiring minds want to know??? :dunno:

So if I'm getting this right I'd have a lot more credibility if I listed a bunch of saws in my sig line??

Would it make me a better saw wrench??

Would it make any advice or help I give here better??

Would it make me more popular???

Would I actually need to own the saws or can I just pick some really cool ones to list in my sig??

And if I do have to own them do they need to actually work or can I just find any ole POS carcass to increase my credibility/cool factor??

If I only own one or two parts of a saw does it qualify as sig worthy??

I listed my Mac 110 in my sig for a while and got ragged over it, would I have been cooler if I listed one of my other saws..... I have a green one too??

Inquiring minds want to know??? :dunno:

:cheers::agree2::cheers::agree2::cheers: I'm out of rep for you Sir. Someone hit this man for making such a good observation of this thread. Here I thought I was the only one seeing through the smoke and mirrors.

Last edited:
I list my saws because I love owning and working with them and because it's fun! :cheers:

Stick that in your poll and smoke it.:chainsaw:

You didn't need a fake poll to make your point. It's a point that's been made before and will be made again. In the end, do what pleases you. Still America, right? :D :D

I agree.... I can read into a lot of what someone posts, and Wooddog seems to have a VERY large chip on his shoulder.

I can't seem to find out why though.

I came to this site to learn and generally enjoy a great hobby, and read what the proes are about.
I say, list them ALL, in categories. Working, Toys, Rebuilt, in the midst of fixin, Projects waiting on the bench, collectors items, favorites... et al

I thought I'd sig my stuff.
Gypo

Rocked out 325 Chipper Chain (3)

066 jug with broken fins (Thanks Brad!)

08S oil cap (slight crack)

Various Broken Flippy Caps (some with gaskets)

5 Homelite XL Carcasses (models unknown)

and 1 NOS poulan wildthing carb stud

thats better:monkey:

I'll trade you another one of those XL carcasses for the broken cluts spring Wiggs. It doesn't matter what model or even if only the bar nut can be saved.
Thanks,
John

All I have to trade is a stripped out air filter nut for an 044 and a 1' piece of starter rope. What say ye?

I list my saws for a few reasons. The idea of listing your saws as being "indecent" or "lacking class" is absurd. My reasons are as follows:

1. I don't want to explicitly write out "I have that saw" when I'm responding to a post about a specific model that I do have. This way there's no question. I'm not talking out of my a$$ and saying this and that about a saw that I don't have or never use. If I write on something, say a 576xp or something, it's simply there in my sig line that I have it.

2. Most forums do this. We're here for saws. On car forums, you write what car you have. Its not bragging, but I mean, what the hell? this is a saw forum. It just makes sense. It's not about bragging. It's just, you're here for saws. Why have people ask you, OH, DO YOU HAVE THAT SAW? IS YOUR OPINION VALID?

3. I feel like you can get some idea of someone by their saws. Or at least, it's nice to know what people are running, what they keep, etc. If you don't want to post them that's fine. I've recently made my sig horizontal because I didn't want to waste 1/2 a screen load of space with my list.

But honestly, at the end of the day, i assume we're here to learn and help one another. and if that's the case, knowing who has what helps to promote transparency and validate opinions, IMO.

Plus I also just want to put out there that I'm not some guy with a minivan on a 1/16 of an acre lot who dreams about owning a saw when he's 45...I cannot tell you how many of those dudes you find on other forums...dreaming of one day owning whatever the forum is about. That's what I like about this forum, people are direct, and involved, and not ridiculous dreamers.

I list my saws because this is Arboristsite. On RhinoForum I list my Rhino and the specs. On Pirate4x4 i list my jeep and the specs. I to like to look at others sigs and see what they are running. Is it really that big of a deal???? If you think people are bragging by listing thier saws thats SAD. We all use the chainsaw forum on arboristsite because we are chainsaw enthusiests (spell check). I guess in your theory the guys that post lots of pics and vids must be really bragging.

All I have to trade is a stripped out air filter nut for an 044 and a 1' piece of starter rope. What say ye?

You got a deal, is the rope new or black and fraid?
Gypo

Its a brand new rope....but it's black and frayed on one end.

Hold out on'em John I think you can do better..... I got'a whole half of'a 026 air filter with some of the flocking still on it and the choke lever shaft still in it.... sorry but the choke flap broke off.

On a side note I got a good used 026 piston to trade too, but you're gonna need to come up with more than some ole husky clutch spring to get that baby. :D

I don't. For tame reason I don't list my motorbikes in my sig when I'm on bike forums.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Stihl 038 AV super
Stihl 017
Two Kawasaki KX500s
Suzuki GSXR750 Slingshot
Ford Transit van
Sheepdog called Abe
Cat called Taz,
yada yada yada. See? Nobodies reading this anyway.

Last edited:
Back