Why does new 064 say 'Digital"?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madrone

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Why does my 064 have a sticker that says 'digital'?
Something to do with the ignition?

Or does it mean there is somewhere to plug some headphones?????:monkey:

Last edited:
It is equipped with a high tech, highly responsive, throttle modulation device which is actuated digitally, with your fingers.. Get it? Digital? Ha Ha hoo ooh never mind....

Yes, electronic ignition. It was just a "hot" term in the late 80s and into the 90s. "Turbo" was the term of the 80s.

Mark

No, Not quite.

The digital stickers were are on the filter covers of 066 redlight saws. If it is a 064 then it probably has the RL cover from a early 066. There are some that say they made some redlight 064 saws. I have not seen one but I cannot say that they do not exist. Does your saws have a red led light on the right side?

Bill

No light that I can see. If the light would be just above the grommet then the plastic molding has an unpunched circle there.
This 064 has the HD style filter and cover, I thought it was a stock saw but i suppose it could be a 066 filter cover.

Last edited:
In otherwords, you got unlucky and got a sucky rev limitied ignition just like the 7900 guys. Some will kick in here and say it doesn't matter at all, but it sure limits tuning the way most of us are used to doing it. I swapped my flywheel and coil out to get rid of it.

Jacob J - Thanks for the clarification. :cheers:
Blsnelling - I don't feel 'unlucky' about this saw as it cost me $200 and only needs a new oiler worm gear. P&C look new and it came with a 36"bar, paint still on. I'd post pics but the gf took the camera to visit family.
As far as the rev limiter, I've done some searching on "Red Lights' and can only find H jet tuning by using the light.
Does anyone know what is the optimal RPM setting for the 064 with the limiter?

It is equipped with a high tech, highly responsive, throttle modulation device which is actuated digitally, with your fingers.. Get it? Digital? Ha Ha hoo ooh never mind....

Ha ha ha I like your sense of humor. That's funny I don't care who you are!!!!:clap:

Kyle

Back