why full-wrap chaps might be a good idea

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Caution

The regular would be fine. 32" length. The waist is adjustable up to 44".

I think the 32" length would entirely too too short for a 5'10" man.
See measuring instructions here -> Labonville Full-Wrap Chainsaw Chaps

I think its time for me to buy some chaps as well. I am confused on the sizing-any advice?

I'm 5"10'' 225lbs. I wear 38 waist, 30 inseam pants. What size chaps should I buy (looking at Labonville)?
Thanks,

Will

I wear 38x32" jeans, but that's not enough information for determining chap length. With Labonville and most other chap makers I've used, the measurement is from your belt to your instep (or top of your shoe). This is a longer length than the the inseam of your pants.

I'm 6'0" and 230lbs and my measurement is 39". I've tried 36" chaps and they are TOO SHORT. The Labonville 40" chaps (size = XL) are a perfect fit for me.

Last edited:
Will: I wear almost the same sized pants. I looked at my chaps and there is no size designated on them. I used the sizing chart on the labonville website, and bought them from Bailey's. They fit just fine.

Thanks for the info. I'll check out the Labonvile site, I figured that the length was not the same as pant inseam.

Will

Back