why husky saws are cheaper than stihl? an honest question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In responding to the question from the original post.
Stihl dealers are not allowed to cut deals of saws, if you're lucky they may knock off a few % and say the saw is a demo.

Husqvarna dealers can sell a saw for pretty much what ever they want to. Husqvarna also allows online sales where Stihl doesn't.
In comparing apples to apples, there's a huge price difference between magnesium crankcase and plastic crankcase saws. Displacement isn't the proper way to compare saws.
(I know of no 70+ cc saws with a plastic crankcase) Some saws also have aluminum instead of magnesium cases, which cost less.
I've owned the professional saws that both manufacturers have to offer.
I also repair all of my own equipment, and have never had a dealer preform any service except a scan/update on computer controlled saws, and I run Husqvarnas.
I also drive Chrysler products, because G.M. and Ford are no good!!! (here we go)
Try them all, and use what YOU like best.
I couldn’t take saw advice from someone who admits they drive Chrysler products haha!

H-word. STIHL used to make washing machines!

View attachment 868239

( So did Husqvarna, along with sewing machines, muskets, . . .).

Philbert
I have a nice swedish husky made mauser over 100 years old, sewing machine, broken trimmer, and several chainsaws, and an old kerosene ringer washer that runs but needs some paint restoration... that washer still gets used when the electric goes out from time to time, and while it's more work than my 1990 GE cheapy is it gets clothes just as clean or cleaner:)
Stihl; several saws, trimmer, blower, hedge cutter (I don't have hedges for it anymore), pole saw, and concrete saw.
both brands run well.

I’m a fan of Stihl power equipment. It’s solidly built, it lasts, and if you need service there are actual dealers who can work on it. It’s not disposable equipment like most of the pressure washers or push lawn mowers I’ve bought lately.

Back