why husky saws are cheaper than stihl? an honest question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
caleb90

caleb90

ArboristSite Member
so ive always been a stihl fan, never looked at huskys. plus it helped that i had a family member who was a dealer and got everything at cost. well that option is no longer around and im looking at new saws and because i dont have any more hookups so to speak. i am looking at other options aka husky, i cant believe how much cheaper they are compared to stihl. also cant understand as to why? maybe you guys can explain. with out bashing.

Fatherwheels

Fatherwheels

Addicted to ArboristSite
I cant understand it either, in some places its the other way around though, but not often.
I find the Husqvqrnqa quality very good, the bad design that lead to the 550 and 562 starting
issues was a real downer, but up untill that and since the newer models came out they are
back on target.
Stihl had issues too, so its not like your paying extra to get better.

The Stihl name may be more popular, maybe thats why people are willing to pay more,
I can only presume a very large percentage of buyers are not pros and do not get to
cross refference and compare the Stihls to other brands.

caleb90

caleb90

ArboristSite Member
thinking of replacing my ms441. looking for another 70cc class saw.. ms461 if i can find it or ms462 or the 372xp or 572xp

CausticUC

CausticUC

Need to fix that pull!
You want the honest reason? How about the red and blue plastics on the non-orange versions ....
0cc7478bd1c432839ca018c33e8f4068.jpg
167b07401a04948175d40e7c2882cb32.jpg

Ryan'smilling

Ryan'smilling

Addicted to ArboristSite
Just buy the 462, more cc, more hp, more torque and lighter.

They're nice saws. A 372 is cheaper to buy, cheaper to put parts on, has an OEM wrap handlebar available from the factory for $30, and has a proven track record. Autotune is great when it's working right, but many guys prefer a standard carb as well.

Would I like to own a 462? Sure. Would I rather own a 372 and a 346 for the same price? Yep. Every time.