why husky saws are cheaper than stihl? an honest question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that Blue one a China saw, or are all Sthil's now made there. They must be ahead or Biden curve. Orange 3120 is an EU saw from Husqvarna. Correct
I have no idea what husqvarna's or Stihl's for that matter "Made in" tag means; unfortunately, at minimum it means the location where they put the stickers on the plastics.

The percentage of origin location components may not even be a factor especially if the "Made In" only refers to the place of assembly.

Just because automotive assembly has been a hugely visible discussion for the last 2 years does not mean other industries and sectors follow the same rules.

We all know the obvious parts are made in china: plastics, filters, walbro or zama carbs, all the wires, fuel lines, switches, coils, and magnets.

... so the origin of engines and components these days needs to be taken with a lot of salt.

Not sure why ? But sure glad it's that way . Might be the same reason a BMW cost more than the big three or maybe a Toyota would be a better fit . At the end of the day it's your money if you work hard for it we will all make the right choice .

Honda ‘created’ that category of generator, and is the standard, with a great reputation. There is a whole industry of aftermarket parts and accessories for them.

Visiting NYC, a few years back, I saw a Honda generator repair guy, on a 3-wheel bicycle, going around and servicing all the generators in the food carts on the streets, in the parks, etc.

It’s the one I would want.

Philbert

Right, it's 2200 surge like the eu2200 is. I know you know what I mean. Either way it's still heavier and louder.
I have a 2800i and 6600 both Yamahas, both outstanding units. Just my opinion. 2800i is pretty quiet, 6600 not so much. 6600 powers the house during outages, been used a lot.

I have a 2800i and 6600 both Yamahas, both outstanding units. Just my opinion. 2800i is pretty quiet, 6600 not so much. 6600 powers the house during outages, been used a lot.
8K Honda powered North Star here. I'm looking at the little plastic cased units for the cabin. Probably will end up with a red one there too.

General also sells products in different grades: ‘homeowner’, ‘mid’, ‘pro’. They don’t advertise this much; learned it from a rep.

Philbert
As a dealer, i call ********
They certainly offer lower cost models, but a generac of a given model is the same unit no matter where you buy it.

Back