Why Isnt It Sold?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drop a 290 from the 2/3rd's up a tree where the fall does not hurt it, but the sudden stop at the bottom does- you shrug your shoulders and say oh well- then go buy another on fleabay for $100.
Drop a 241/261 from the same position and you cry.
Run the 241 on the ground:chainsaw:, then have to run the 029 on the ground and you'll cry:cry: too :laughing:.

I have been wanting to know what people do with those things as I do not have a clue. No body can fire wood with any saw under 60 or 70 cc. I am sure there are some good answers because so many people brag about how good their saws are. In some case the before mentioned saws are not big enough to cut limbs. I just had to ask. Thanks

I have been wanting to know what people do with those things as I do not have a clue. No body can fire wood with any saw under 60 or 70 cc. I am sure there are some good answers because so many people brag about how good their saws are. In some case the before mentioned saws are not big enough to cut limbs. I just had to ask. Thanks
Well I can tell you what we do with an MS 150 hows that? Shape a nasty Holly Tree and top it. Think a 60 or 0r 70 cc saw would shine there?

I will say that the 290 makes a mighty fine firewood saw for your average home heater. Shes just a little on the heavy side.

I will say that the 290 makes a mighty fine firewood saw for your average home heater. Shes just a little on the heavy side.
When I go cut wood with my BIL I will usually have a bunch of ported saws with razor sharp chains, I'll say give them a try and he does, then he goes right back to cutting with his 20" farm boss 290 :laugh:. He gets a lot of wood cut with that saw, and I can't tell you how many times its been dropped in the creek :laughing:.
They are great firewood saws and in all reality a 290 is more saw than most even need, an ms250 or a 450 rancher will do just fine.

When I go cut wood with my BIL I will usually have a bunch of ported saws with razor sharp chains, I'll say give them a try and he does, then he goes right back to cutting with his 20" farm boss 290 :laugh:. He gets a lot of wood cut with that saw, and I can't tell you how many times its been dropped in the creek :laughing:.
They are great firewood saws and in all reality a 290 is more saw than most even need, an ms250 or a 450 rancher will do just fine.
Yup, unless you are cutting BIG stuff.

Yup, unless you are cutting BIG stuff.
Yep, but then you just pass on the big stuff if you only need 3-4 cords a yr, the guys with OWB it's a different story.
Good bit slower in the cut, but at the end of the day cutting is such a small part of preparing firewood.

This is more fun though for firewood.

Hey @cuinrearview these are for you :cheers:.

Latest posts

Back