Why Isnt It Sold?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you telling me that there are some saws much more powerful and lighter than the ones I mentioned. I tried a MS 880 and it cuts good, but it is a little heavier than some of mine. I am considering stepping up to a 090 when some of mine wear out. Thanks

Id suggest trying a 460 or 372.

Id suggest trying a 460 or 372.

I have a husky 460 and a 372 XP they are fine for cutting limbs. What else would they be good for. Certainly they could not cut firewood. The picture shows what one can do, but it struggled a lot and virtually stopped when it got to a knot. Thanks

Attachments

• DK6EE.jpg
    DK6EE.jpg
    277.3 KB · Views: 12
I have a husky 460 and a 372 XP they are fine for cutting limbs. What else would they be good for. Certainly they could not cut firewood. The picture shows what one can do, but it struggled a lot and virtually stopped when it got to a knot. Thanks

Are you trolling me or something?

Is that just more than a running, clean 029 is worth?

In my book, yes. I have bought, run and sold a lot of these saws. 029, 290, 310, 390. The 029 was the worst of the lot by a wide margin. As SawTroll said, it was a boat anchor. Actually he said that the 290 was a boat anchor, but that was a lot better saw and could be muffler modified to run a lot better than stock. I could not get those results with an 029 saw. Its a dud. The 310 was the best of that lot IMO. I had several 310s and they all ran well with a muffler mod. But as much as I tried to modify one of my 310's, I could not get it to run as well as a stock 361, no matter what I did. But it was close. But running is not everything. The pro saws have better plastic, more metal, and they are not clammy engines. Pro saws will last a lot longer and run better over time. My experience anyway.

As for the price of 029 and 290 saws, they are overvalued here too. I see them for $300 and up. But they are not worth it. I can get a really good used 026/260 saw for less than that. I can get a 310 or even a 390 for $300. I sold my 310s locally for $300. I sold the 029 for $200, and it took months to unload that. For the 290s I got between $200 and $250 (with a case). Compare that to the $500-550 that I got for my 036 and several 361 saws which always sold fast.

290 value= 150$ most have been abused by non maintenance homeowners. They are too heavy for the power they make. Same w 362 its junk in my book.

But both are pretty reliable and would make somebody thats non obsessive with power to weight a good saw.

Back