Why no old Husqvarna saws.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a picture library:

********************************/phpbb3/viewforum.php?f=22

:agree2:

- and it wasn't until late 70's or early 80's Husqvarna made models that could compete with Jonsereds or Stihl. Some of the first Husqvarnas wasn't very good.

61's were introduced in the early 70's and the 2100 in the mid 70's and they are are still competing....still kick sthils out the window...

61's were introduced in the early 70's and the 2100 in the mid 70's and they are are still competing....still kick sthils out the window...

The 61 Rancher was introduced in 1978, and the I'm pretty sure the 61 is later. The 2100 was introduced in 1975 as you said.

- and it wasn't until late 70's or early 80's Husqvarna made models that could compete with Jonsereds or Stihl. Some of the first Husqvarnas wasn't very good.

So let me refraise: it wasn't until mid 70's.............

And 61 is semi pro and that dosnt really count in my book.

The 61 Rancher was introduced in 1978, and the I'm pretty sure the 61 is later. The 2100 was introduced in 1975 as you said.

I bought a 61 in Durango, Colo in 1973. The 61 precedes the Rancher...they are the same saw....except the "Rancher"...has the "Rancher" decal...

I have several of both. The 61 is an OK saw but, easily beaten by Stihls of the same vintage. The 2100 is a different story. Broad strokes of the pen are still as irrelevant as they were in English class when those type things even mattered.

Saw Troll, can you translate the sticker on the top cover of that saw?

More or less "dependable friend" - word by word it could be "safe friend", but it totally lacked safety features - so.......

If you look closely at the bar, you can see that bars with lighter material (than steel) "fillers" to make them lighter isn't such a new innovation!

really close there troll! that's swedish and the sticker say's: "safe buddy"!

"safe friend" would have been: "säker vän" on the sticker!

yes...i know i know...nobody cares...but that's what it say's!:)

my grandfather and father had a couple of those husky 65 "back in the day's" and i still have one or two...........somewhere!!??:dizzy::confused:

:agree2: You are right, the 61R was a "simplified" and detuned 162se, that was out in 1976.

In most classes, the Jonsereds still was better though, until about 1982 (about the same time as the "s" disappeared).

The 670 and 630 was the first Jonsereds to be made at the Husky factory, also 1982.

The last "pure" Jonsereds designs to hit the market was the 910 and 510, in 1979.

The 2100 was preceded by the 1100 (from about 1972) though.

Last edited:
Back