Why won't my splitter split Eucalyptus??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why won't my splitter split Eucalyptus??

what does that smell like when it's burning?

The trouble is I have a lot of 2'-3' diameter logs that I'm going to have to shorten up and I'm not sure my little Ryobi 1035 can handle it. Any suggestions on a saw under $300 that might do the work faster, easier than the Ryobi?

I run stihl saws, but the Husky dealer in town has a sale on the "455 Rancher" for about $300-$320. It's a decent midrange model.

With a sharp chain you should be able to quarter those 2-3' logs without too much trouble.

Craig's List

Honestly I got three good deals from craig's list A big still for 200 a nice Huskavarna 272 for $150 and a few other saws. If you know what you are looking for there are deals out there. David

If it doesn't have enough tonnage the ram will stop. If the tonnage is adequate and the wood is tough then something else has to give....... SEE
woodsplitterproto20011.jpg

Honestly I got three good deals from craig's list A big still for 200 a nice Huskavarna 272 for $150 and a few other saws. If you know what you are looking for there are deals out there. David

I ended up getting a real nice Husky 262 for $250 off craigs list and it does an awesome job on the euc. I just have to cut short pieces to get it to split

If it doesn't have enough tonnage the ram will stop. If the tonnage is adequate and the wood is tough then something else has to give....... SEE
woodsplitterproto20011.jpg

Ahhh, now that's mucked up as a football bat...:msp_rolleyes: :msp_laugh:

To the OP. Like was said earlier, you need 2500+ psi. to get what that cylinder is going to deliver, as far as tonnage goes. Use AW-32 10wt. in it and let her rip. An 11gpm pump will do all you need. I split Euc. all day long with a 4 1/2" cylinder using an 11 gpm two stage pump driven off a 5 hp. B&S. :rock:

Latest posts

Back