WI & MN GTG How About It?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just picked up some new chain. So we'll have to go "toe to toe" between the Dolmars and the Stihls. Even though I know you have some seriuos horsepower with ya. (Anyone else up for the challenge?) Jonsereds Ma Sure would like to try out your 5100, and the other showpiece you have. I'm thinking on bringing a camera to take some pics. Watcha think?
Also, convinced the commander to bake some goodies for the event.
Thinking of giving the outdoor power guy a call, but I have to leave earlier in the day. I'll see what he's up to. Also, not sure if I should grab his 7300 when you got the "Big Boy" at your place.
How about the rest of you Mn/Wi guys. Gonna go and have some fun?

Later,[/QUOTE]

You'd better bring the camera so we've got proof of the top dog!

Later,[/QUOTE]

You'd better bring the camera so we've got proof of the top dog![/QUOTE]

:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!

I don't know if there's enough time for me to send my chains down to THALL for his ' fine touch ' sharpening, and stihl get them back for Saturday.

:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!

Logjam, I've got a jred 2156 in .325, do you think it has prayer against that 361?:chainsaw:[/QUOTE]

HHHMMMMM, Let's see

2165?----------Hell of a good saw!
.325?----------Narrower kerf!

WOW, could be a toss-up. Might come down to the operator.

I've been practicing the Thall tecnique. Even went out and bought a set of sunnglasses, and a pack if cigarettes.
Although, I'm haveing a hell-of-a time brushing up on my Elvis music.:hmm3grin2orange:
Either way, it should be a good time. I'm excited to check out everyones saws and see-em in action. Unforntunately, I have to leave for a previuos committment at 11:00:cry: It would be nice to take some pictures and put them on the AS site.
C-Ya Saturday

The Wild Thing is ready, bring it on, just got a bath, Simonize, and the chrome headers are polished to a mirror finish. :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Hey, I'll be awake Saturday morning at 3:30am, probably need the whole pot of coffee for the trip.

Hey, have a favor to ask of the GTG attendees, if anyone has a large-mount bar that would fit a Stihl 075, could you bring it along? If you have a .404 chain, that would be a bonus.

Mine came with a small mount oregon bar, .404 tip, and I'd like to compare how the oil channel matches up as well as the guide plates.

Thanks.

Went to Grandpa tractors place today and he wasn't around so I took the liberty of "fine tuning" has Dolmar 7900. Wdchuck can probably beat it with his Wild thing now!!!:biggrinbounce2:

Good Job! on the 7900
We'll just put our chains on backwards to give him a chance.
OOPS! Better be careful, I'm bringing the Dolmar dealer with me in my truck tomorrow.
If he wasn't a close friend, no tellin if he'd make it there or not.:hmm3grin2orange:
Just kidding!
Anyway, he's bringing some more of those, what?--- "Dolthingy's"---
with him.
So we need to have our "Race Face" on tomorrow. Could be out numbered.

Last edited:
Hey Grandpatractor
I see your online.
How many AS guys you think you have so far. We'll stop and get some treats for everyone. (at least for breakfast). Just curious how much to pick up.

Can you post a time and specific directions? Will this be firewood cutting or milling? Thanks

Starting when ever guys get here anywhere between 8:00 am and 10:00 am
there will be both firewood cutting and chainsaw races and milling. I'll fire up the grill and cook whatever I dig out of the freezer for dinner. and bring whatever else ya may want to eat.

directions are 7 miles south of grantsburg on hwy 48 fire number12913. Its a long driveway going south across a field and into the woods, I'll put something at the end of the driveway.
any other questions call 715-488-2548

Last edited:
grandapa tractor your area code is 715. We'll forgive you knowing that your under alot of stress worrying if you can get those DoLittle saws started or not tommorrow!! to anyone going there tommorrow look for the red and white radio relay tower 1/4 mile or less west of that.

Well we had a pretty good turnout and I think we all had a good amount of fun and donuts. I don't think anybody went away hungry from the dinner table. Made lots of cookies and sawdust too. I'll post pics tomorrow when I'm not so tired. :chainsaw:

I am waiting on the pics.

Hope everyone had a good gathering. I sure enjoyed the Indiana GTG. Met a lot of great men that day,.

Latest posts

Back