Wildthing Races at GTG's.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are y'all replacing the pump drive gear(spring) when you put in a new pump?
Man, talk about CHEESE!!! :msp_laugh:

Is there a secret place I can get some help with on my transfers :)

I feel like I could gain just a little bit more from them :D

Im runnin a 2450. It runs pretty good, but I think it would benefit from a different carb, and a handle bar spring(one to the cylinder) If anyone happens to have a spare.

Ed's WT will kick the hell out of most pro 50cc saws, with a sharp chain they can and do run well.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="853" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2TrSN_FTGxk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Im runnin a 2450. It runs pretty good, but I think it would benefit from a different carb, and a handle bar spring(one to the cylinder) If anyone happens to have a spare.

Is that the one that attaches to the cylinder with a screw in the center and to the handle on the other end with a screw and self locking nut? Part of the antivibe system?
Carl.

Just looked, must have pitched it.

Last edited:

Transfers??? What's that???

Wildthing 2375 with aux. transfers and XL-12 carb.

attachment.php

Port work before final smoothing and polishing.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Sorry about the crappy pic. :(

This is a 2375 jug with the transfers widened toward the intake port. I just determined where the top of the piston was at BDC and only widened the part of the transfer that was open.

attachment.php

I see you left the ridge that retains the insert on the ex port on the top and bottom and just widened it.Thats what I did too.I squared up the intake some and shaved a few thos off the bottom of the in side of the piston.
Using a wt529 on mine with a cable.

I see you left the ridge that retains the insert on the ex port on the top and bottom and just widened it.Thats what I did too.I squared up the intake some and shaved a few thos off the bottom of the in side of the piston.
Using a wt529 on mine with a cable.

That jug is the first round on porting on this saw. Later I added aux. transfers, can't find the pics of the process. I was sure I took some... :dizzy:

That jug is the first round on porting on this saw. Later I added aux. transfers, can't find the pics of the process. I was sure I took some... :dizzy:
I got anouther one just like it(2550)that nees a ring.So far all I've done to it is the muffler and larger carb.Got some ideas on it but since I don't have any more 42cc jugs, don't wanna get too carried away.Lemme know how yours turns out.

I got anouther one just like it(2550)that nees a ring.So far all I've done to it is the muffler and larger carb.Got some ideas on it but since I don't have any more 42cc jugs, don't wanna get too carried away.Lemme know how yours turns out.

This saw has been together for quite awhile now. It runs strong as hell imo. At the last TN GTG it was less than two seconds behind the average on the 50cc class saws, that ain't bad for a 42cc saw. ;)

I would like to find another one to play with. Next on the list is a welded pop-up and a pipe. :msp_sneaky:

If it ain't raining too bad tomorrow I'll post a video. It ain't as fast as Ed's but it's fun.

Last edited:
I have a pair of 2375's here scooterbum sent me to practice some porting but still didnt do anything to them not even sure where to start do ii just start grinding??

I have a pair of 2375's here scooterbum sent me to practice some porting but still didnt do anything to them not even sure where to start do ii just start grinding??

You can get a degree wheel and do it right or just have fun and start grinding. Go up on the exhaust and down on the intake, and as wide as possible. NO seriously go a little at a time so you can see the improvements. I ground the snot out of my little husky and I love this saw now.

You can get a degree wheel and do it right or just have fun and start grinding. Go up on the exhaust and down on the intake, and as wide as possible. NO seriously go a little at a time so you can see the improvements. I ground the snot out of my little husky and I love this saw now.

Where can i get a degree wheel @? Yeah thats the plan i want to start with a MM then go do some grinding.
Anyone have a bigger carb for sale that would work on my WT?

i don't know if it's because its late or i've been somkein meath but,
would a bolt through the head (only the bolt head is in the combustion chamber)
raise the the compression ratio like a pop-up piston would the way i'm lookin at it i'm just trying to fill the void a little more.. or would it cause turbulence in the combustion chamber and lowering the power.

i'm not plan on going to this to anything besides the WT just figuring lowbuck power for the lowbuck saw... the piston is almost shot and the cylinder looks like hell but, it runs!! i will be amazed if i'm able to put it to some wood before the ring hangs up in the exhaust port because i over way did it

Anything to reduce the clearance volume. Super glue a big washer up in there.

On second thought, super glue may not stand the thermal cycle. Better use small machine screws.

Way back in the olden days, when I started at engineering school, they had fuel research engines in the M.E. lab. They had a graduated cylinder that slid in/out of the combustion chamber to vary the clearance volume. Engine was used to measure the knock sensitivity of a given fuel in order to find the octane rating.

Another type had the cylinder and head adjustable toward/away from the crank centerline. Splined shaft drove an overhead cam. No push rods.

They probably threw all that stuff away and now have only 'puters.:msp_scared:

Back