Wildthing Races at GTG's.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do not miss that puppy.:msp_tongue: And I don't miss working math equations out long hand to get more than three significant figures of accuracy. Hand held calculators were a quantum leap.:blob2:

So was the wheel.

I kid, I kid, plenty of high tech stuff was done with those "crude" instruments. Saturn V, most space stuff until the shuttle, look at the airplane industry before 1970. Is it better now? Maybe cheaper to design, but better?
I remember grandfathers first handheld, it blinked or flashed on the display while it "thought". I just threw it out as it didn't work anymore, and my daughter said why keep it, "my phone can do what that did".

i don't know if it's because its late or i've been somkein meath but,
would a bolt through the head (only the bolt head is in the combustion chamber)
raise the the compression ratio like a pop-up piston would the way i'm lookin at it i'm just trying to fill the void a little more.. or would it cause turbulence in the combustion chamber and lowering the power.

i'm not plan on going to this to anything besides the WT just figuring lowbuck power for the lowbuck saw... the piston is almost shot and the cylinder looks like hell but, it runs!! i will be amazed if i'm able to put it to some wood before the ring hangs up in the exhaust port because i over way did it

What do you guys think we could use to seal the threads? Aren't you worried about compression loss? My Nephew wants my 026 so I kinda got stuck with my little craftsman saw. It is of no real use to me but to become a play thing, so I figure since I don't care too too much for it ill try to build it up. Oh yeah I gotta thank the guy one more time for giving me the part that brought this little saw back from the dead.....Thanks 67bigblockvetteguy, Hey you mentioned your old calculator, My father went to RIT and majored in engineering. When I was little I found this OLD Texas Instrument calculator that you had to plug in and had little strip things like catridges that contained "programs" . My father acted like I found a long lost relative. He said that it was his FIRST calculator and took it away before I broke it. Kinda wild twenty years later you guys made me remember that old calculator.

I have a 42cc engine from a Craftsman anti-vibe chassis that I put in a 40cc solid chassis. Same chassis that the Poulan 2150's use. I see 46cc Craftsman advertised on ebay and wonder if that engine has the same base bolt pattern and crankshaft centerline height as the smaller 36cc ones.

Anyone have a Poulan 2750 (46cc) to compare?

The base dimensions of a 2150 are 5/16" centerline crankshaft height, base mounting is four 1/4" holes on a 2 1/16" x 2 1/4" pattern.

Ain't no substitute for cubic centimeters.

Last edited:
i have't got that far yet.. probably just use thread sealant..

i'm going to see if it still runs after flockering the bore up
so far i've done
widen exhaust port
muff mod
lowered the intake a hair, dog-leged it to one side because the other has the ring gap, cleaned and opened up the runner
at the top of the transfers made them a little wider
i'm sticking with the stock carb just because i'm too poor

the next step is if it is't already smoked
adding some extra runners to the transfers
a 1/4-20 bolt in the head for added compression
maybe a tuned pipe

i have't got that far yet.. probably just use thread sealant..

i'm going to see if it still runs after flockering the bore up
so far i've done
widen exhaust port
muff mod
lowered the intake a hair, dog-leged it to one side because the other has the ring gap, cleaned and opened up the runner
at the top of the transfers made them a little wider
i'm sticking with the stock carb just because i'm too poor

the next step is if it is't already smoked
adding some extra runners to the transfers
a 1/4-20 bolt in the head for added compression
maybe a tuned pipe

Sounds like someone has one in their head. :msp_unsure:
Don't waste your time doing that. You'll create a glow plug for detonation, cause turbulence in your mixture and play havoc with the flame travel. You aren't accomplishing what you think you will with a bolt in the head for added compression. I'd weld a knot on the crown of the piston before I screwed a bolt into the chamber. .02

We used to just cut a disc out of aluminum and weld it to the top of the piston.

You just had to take your time so the piston doesn't get too hot.

Worked on a harley engine should work on a 2-stroker

We used to just cut a disc out of aluminum and weld it to the top of the piston.

You just had to take your time so the piston doesn't get too hot.

Worked on a harley engine should work on a 2-stroker

:clap: thank you. No loose "screw" here. :msp_tongue:

I have a 42cc engine from a Craftsman anti-vibe chassis that I put in a 40cc solid chassis. Same chassis that the Poulan 2150's use. I see 46cc Craftsman advertised on ebay and wonder if that engine has the same base bolt pattern and crankshaft centerline height as the smaller 36cc ones.

Anyone have a Poulan 2750 (46cc) to compare?

The base dimensions of a 2150 are 5/16" centerline crankshaft height, base mounting is four 1/4" holes on a 2 1/16" x 2 1/4" pattern.

Ain't no substitute for cubic centimeters.
I think the 46cc is larger where it bolts too the case,taller/bigger flywheel etc. also on the wiidthing/woodshark the bottom of the cyl is retained by the same bolts that hold it too the case and the 46 has seperate fastners for that.
You might be able too pull it off but I doubt you could pass it off as a 42cc.

Sounds like someone has one in their head. :msp_unsure:
Don't waste your time doing that. You'll create a glow plug for detonation, cause turbulence in your mixture and play havoc with the flame travel. You aren't accomplishing what you think you will with a bolt in the head for added compression. I'd weld a knot on the crown of the piston before I screwed a bolt into the chamber. .02
i did't think of the hole glow plug thing but i think your right
too bad i don't have anyone close with a mig setup for aluminium...

i did't think of the hole glow plug thing but i think your right
too bad i don't have anyone close with a mig setup for aluminium...

No mig, go with TiG. Weld an aluminum disc on top of your piston, then blend and smooth it into the original material. Ring-ding-ding-ding. :greenchainsaw:

i just tuned it before i blow it apart again did't have a tach on it but it sounded like it was up there and four-stroking!!!
i don't know if i wanna do anything else to it the fricken thing screams and it has power in the wood i also did a compression check on and it's about 155psi

Latest posts

Back