Wildthing Races at GTG's.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do all these little poulans have the steel insert in the exhaust? And what do you guys do about them?

I see in masterminds photos that he just removed them and enlarged the ports, what purpose do you think they serve in the first place??

I'm betting it has something to do with emmissions.
Your prolly right about emmisions. The new jugs don't have that.
Yea, pitch that and widen the port 70% the bore. Don't forget to port match the muffler.

Here's a video of mine.

[video=youtube;N1tkqEuvKBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1tkqEuvKBE[/video]

Randy it looks like she's running pretty good. Yes loctite is a must, I even had the spark plug back out on mine do to the vibration.

It's just a "test bed". I wanted to try a set of aux. transfers but didn't want to ruin a good jug. I was surprised it ran as well as it does.

Have you tried dropping the pop-off pressure on the metering needle to try and get some more fuel flow?

Before you ditch the carb, you might try and shorten the metering spring. Perhaps just take a single loop off the end of the spring and see what happens to the fuel flow.

mastermind, what b/c set are you running. I picked up a Bing carb for mine. I need to make a pulse line from motor to carb for it to work. I think it is off a 038.

It'll live, maybe.:msp_biggrin:

I just tore it down, looks great inside. :dizzy:

Pressure tested it too, passed.

What carb is on it? SDC?

Yep SDC

Have you tried dropping the pop-off pressure on the metering needle to try and get some more fuel flow?

Before you ditch the carb, you might try and shorten the metering spring. Perhaps just take a single loop off the end of the spring and see what happens to the fuel flow.

I hadn't considered that......

mastermind, what b/c set are you running. I picked up a Bing carb for mine. I need to make a pulse line from motor to carb for it to work. I think it is off a 038.

7 pin .325 pitch full chisel

I'm digging around in my carb bucket to see if I may have something a bit smaller. I'll let you guys know what I come up with.

Back