Will drum sprocket for Stihl MS180, 025, fit Echo CS-310?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wills

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I need a new drum sprocket for Echo CS-310 that I bought last week (on fibbers blog marketplace). Engines run ok, but drum sprocket is worn out, and saw is not oiling the guide bar. So I need to spend some more money, to make this think useable. Sprockets for Echo are close to $30, and that's all you get. Same part for Stihl is $10.

Anyone here know of another-brand substitute that will fit?

I'm not sure about sprocket interchangeability, but there are some aftermarket options for the CS-310. A quick look on ebay showed some aftermarket rim sprocket options for ~$20 and some spur options for ~$12. I can't speak to the quality of any of those options.

When you mention the Stihl parts are $10, are you talking about OEM Stihl spur sprockets, or aftermarket?

Thanks for the reply. No, what I saw were from Carbhub, Harbot, and others, but they had hundreds of 5 star reviews on Amazon. The only thing I found aftermarket for the one I need, had about 7 reviews and pretty much all but one, were terrible.
I'm ok with aftermarket if a lot of folks reviews say it actually fits and works.

So far, this CS310 needs a new chain (bar and chain will be here tomorrow), oil pump, 2 bevel gears for the chain tensioner, and the sprocket drum. looks like I'll be putting in about $85+, to a saw I bought for $60. Was hoping to get it cutting, all-in for under $100.

Thanks for the reply. No, what I saw were from Carbhub, Harbot, and others, but they had hundreds of 5 star reviews on Amazon. The only thing I found aftermarket for the one I need, had about 7 reviews and pretty much all but one, were terrible.
I'm ok with aftermarket if a lot of folks reviews say it actually fits and works.

So far, this CS310 needs a new chain (bar and chain will be here tomorrow), oil pump, 2 bevel gears for the chain tensioner, and the sprocket drum. looks like I'll be putting in about $85+, to a saw I bought for $60. Was hoping to get it cutting, all-in for under $100.
I've got a cs310. No way would I buy a used one then pump money into it. I never use my cs310. Replaced it with a cs352. A LOT BETTER saw (in my opinion) and worth the extra cost. Now a friend has a cs3510 and loves it. Good luck with your saw. I mm and tuned mine but frankly I give it a 2.5 star review and the cs352 4.5 stars. IF it had a rim drive id give it 5. The cs590 gets 4.5 stars for the same reason. I just bought a Rim drive for the 590. Almost 30 bucks after market. If Echo had said to me, Hey for 30 bucks extra we'll give you a Rim drive then I'd give them 5 stars. At my dealer in 2015 I asked if they could change the Spur drive. They said OVER 100 DOLLARS extra. So I decided to wear the crap out of the SPUR THEN go to Rim. OEM is a Rip off price at 75-100 dollars. Depends on your dealer. . But if this fits for 30 I'll be thrilled. Yet, I won't forget that I HAD to fix something they SHOULD HAVE fixed for 35 or less. The dealer could have put the NEW SPUR back in stock Day one AND credited me the difference. Arse didn't want to work with me. He's ALL ABOUT MONEY. Notice the photo. This SHOWS a Rim drive but the Photo states SPUR SPROCKETS. I sure HOPE I'm getting the Rim drive. Ya never know. Screenshot_20220222-224159.png

Yes, according to the photo, you're getting a rim drive, so it will be interesting to see what they send you. I hope it is, but I have my doubts, for under $30. Post back, and show us what you get?

AFA putting $100 into a (very) used 310... too late; it happened in small increments, and when I was already in $40-50, and needed another part to wrap it up, I thought about it, but decided to just get it done. That way, it's either a backup limb saw, or I can at least sell it as a working saw.
But I did buy a CS-3510, so at least now I've got something decent.

I've got a cs310. No way would I buy a used one then pump money into it. I never use my cs310. Replaced it with a cs352. A LOT BETTER saw
I got my first 310 used for $85. Needed a new chain brake handle. $35.
So I had $120 in it. No idea of the hours on it before me but it's run very strong in 3 years I've had it with only a MM and a carb tube.

I agree the 352 is stronger saw.

Latest posts

Back