Wiseco piston update from Baileys

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geez Matt, you've gone and made me all nostalgic. I thought I'd put my rifle toting days behind me. :greenchainsaw:
I used to roll my own and used either Nosler Ballistic tips for the light stuff, and Partitions for the bigger stuff, mainly when I went after Deer.

Did the trip to the South Island of NZ in '93 and took Partitions, possibly the best 10 days in my life, unfortunately didn't go bush again for years after as I wrecked my knees.

Yeah I like the Partitions Rick but pretty pricey and not necessary where I am. Had a couple of hundred of them at one stage but loaded them all and shot them away :(
I've shot a fair few Red Deer and never needed anyhting more than a 100gn Ballistic Tip but no running away shots. All chest, neck and head. These were just ferals on farmland, certainly not stalking and hunting. All carrying ticks and wrecking fences.

HETools2.jpg

I really don't care to know how many hours I have wearing these. Only thing missing from the pictures is the knives.

Mr. HE:cool:

You a State man?

You a State man?

State?:jawdrop: (Turns head and spits.)

I'm county.:)

I still have the hat but they changed our colors from brown to green. Now the hats are black.:dizzy:

It was fun to say "What can brown do for you today?"

Saying "What can green do for you today?" just doesn't have the same sound. lol

Young.gif

I just got back in from setting the scope on my 45/70. Using Hornady lever evolution ammo. That stuff is hot. I added another knot to my forehead with the scope
I had it set pretty close for my handloaded .425 grain flatnose bullets.. But it was shooting way high at 100 with these .380 grain rubber tipped speedsters...

State?:jawdrop: (Turns head and spits.)

I'm county.:)

I still have the hat but they changed our colors from brown to green. Now the hats are black.:dizzy:

It was fun to say "What can brown do for you today?"

Saying "What can green do for you today?" just doesn't have the same sound. lol

Young.gif

Hey now, Staties aren't all bad! LOL

County seems like it would be waaay funner though. A lot of my school buddies are now City or County. . . I tested for MHP back in the late 90's, when the testing was actually the most stringent in the country, and they weren't scraping the bottom of the barrel for help. :rolleyes:

LEO pay sure does suck for what you have to do though. . . I talked to a Trooper gone County (retired from there) from WA. . . He said his first month on the job as a Statie he got stabbed. Tank but no tanks.

A lot of LEO's I have talked to have (or want to) switch to Warden work. . . They get paid more, have broader enforcement capabilities. . . And they get to work out in the woods.

Thanks for serving and protecting! :cheers:

I just got back in from setting the scope on my 45/70. Using Hornady lever evolution ammo. That stuff is hot. I added another knot to my forehead with the scope
I had it set pretty close for my handloaded .425 grain flatnose bullets.. But it was shooting way high at 100 with these .380 grain rubber tipped speedsters...

I'm a bit of a traditionalist with my Marlin, and shoot it stock iron sites (plus no forehead or eye lesions ;)). By next year it's gonna be wearing one of these: http://www.buffaloarms.com/browse.cfm/4,1935.html and I reaaalllly want to try that Leverevolution ammo. I was gonna do it this year, but hunting season snuck up on me, and the rifle was already setup for Remington 405's.

I got off my butt and took some pictures of some of my others this afternoon.

Verona LX500 12 ga. This is basically an Italian clone of a Browning 525 Sporting. I had the barrels Magnaported and the forcing cones lenthened. I cut the stock, installed some weight, and fitted the Kick-Eez.

783210446_xsmzE-L.jpg

783210698_T9L9f-L.jpg

783210426_yZNUx-L.jpg

783210001_CubRk-L.jpg

783210299_ZkjEt-L.jpg

783209966_5bHzr-L.jpg

Remington 11-87 12 ga. 30" full choke trap barrel, 28" field load barrel", 26 skeet barrel, and fully rifled cantilevered scoped slug barrel. The fancy stock was bought online and I had it cut and made adjustable by a local gunsmith. The forearm on it is stock. I've got a nice one that needs finished yet.

783212718_CRaQJ-L.jpg

783212565_J7aUw-L.jpg

783211572_CXwjJ-L.jpg

783212791_FbBba-L.jpg

783211789_bD9DE-L.jpg

783211275_anFsV-L.jpg

Stag Arms AR-15. I built this from scratch. It's setup for varminting. It's a fluted unlined barrel. I was more concerned about accuracy than longevity. I will not be using it for rapid fire anyway. I'd like to put a nice stock on it yet. Fluted h-bar, light single-stage trigger, 4-14 mil-dot side focus scope, Yankee Hill floating tube, Vortex flash supressor, Hogue rubber grip.

783215789_LNJTj-L.jpg

783215970_QdJUT-L.jpg

783215563_smUxQ-L.jpg

Ruger- how did you make that. Awesome!! Might attract hippies
AR-15- automatic?
:cheers:

Stag Arms AR-15. I built this from scratch. It's setup for varminting. It's a fluted unlined barrel. I was more concerned about accuracy than longevity. I will not be using it for rapid fire anyway. I'd like to put a nice stock on it yet. Fluted h-bar, light single-stage trigger, 4-14 mil-dot side focus scope, Yankee Hill floating tube, Vortex flash supressor, Hogue rubber grip.

783215789_LNJTj-L.jpg

783215970_QdJUT-L.jpg

783215563_smUxQ-L.jpg

WOW!! :jawdrop: BAD A$$ Brad!! :cheers: I sold an AR years ago - and have been looking to buy another ever since!!! Nice!!

Hey now, Staties aren't all bad! LOL

County seems like it would be waaay funner though. A lot of my school buddies are now City or County. . . I tested for MHP back in the late 90's, when the testing was actually the most stringent in the country, and they weren't scraping the bottom of the barrel for help. :rolleyes:

LEO pay sure does suck for what you have to do though. . . I talked to a Trooper gone County (retired from there) from WA. . . He said his first month on the job as a Statie he got stabbed. Tank but no tanks.

A lot of LEO's I have talked to have (or want to) switch to Warden work. . . They get paid more, have broader enforcement capabilities. . . And they get to work out in the woods.

Thanks for serving and protecting! :cheers:

State guys are great, I know and respect many of them, we go back and forth with each other but all in good fun.

I like the county because there are wide open spaces, woods, big city, you name it and we play there. If I had to pick one though I'd work in the woods.

Country people are the best. They stop and help others, they don't cry for help at the drop of a hat, and most the time they shoot the bad guy and then call us. lol

To me the true heros are the guys, like have posted here, who have the tools and determination to defend themselves and their families. I always tell people that we get called after the trouble starts and it's rare we get there in time to make things better for the good guys.

Latest posts

Back