Without a doubt, the crappiest STIHL ever produced...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it put together as poorly as those 280s? :cheers:

LOL, I have a 280. Nice little saw, not a pro saw but nice. The 372 is a nice saw as well but built wise its not a pro Stihl, thats for dayumm sure. I beleive seriously if you got that 372 pinched and yanked on it like you can a Stihl it would break in half, yes its that poorly put together. No doubt they must sell a ton of mount springs. Just stating fact Space, runs good though.

LOL, I have a 280. Nice little saw, not a pro saw but nice. The 372 is a nice saw as well but built wise its not a pro Stihl, thats for dayumm sure. I beleive seriously if you got that 372 pinched and yanked on it like you can a Stihl it would break in half, yes its that poorly put together. No doubt they must sell a ton of mount springs. Just stating fact Space, runs good though.

So, is saying the 280 is too plasticy like saying the 372 will fall apart if used? :)

So, is saying the 280 is too plasticy like saying the 372 will fall apart if used? :)

Didn't say that at all. Two completely different saws we're discussing, one is a pro saw and one is not. I don't see a pro guy using a 280 on jobsite. Its not meant for that, the 372 is. I don't see many now and then users buying a 372 either. Tuff wise for a pro it doesn't show me much at all.

Didn't say that at all. Two completely different saws we're discussing, one is a pro saw and one is not. I don't see a pro guy using a 280 on jobsite. Its not meant for that, the 372 is. I don't see many now and then users buying a 372 either. Tuff wise for a pro it doesn't show me much at all.

So, how many people do you know who have broken a Husky spring system? You surely wouldn't be throwing out your opinion on something that doesn't match the record, would you? You wouldn't perhaps be biased towards Stihls? :cheers: ha ha ha

Last edited:
So, how many people do you know who have broken a Husky spring system? You surely wouldn't be throwing out your opinion on something that doesn't match the record, would you? You wouldn't perhaps be biased towards Stihls? :cheers: ha ha ha

Ummmmmmmmmm lets see, one come to mind, HART TREE SERVICE. Thanks to those broken springs I filled his truck full of Stihls and drained it of about 7
Huskies, yes I'm that kinda guy,LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL Seriously those springs drove that guy nuts. As for the record most of Huskies that record comes from users like you Space, start it once every few years,LOL

Last edited:
Ummmmmmmmmm lets see, one come to mind, HART TREE SERVICE. Thanks to those broken springs I filled his truck full of Stihls and drained it of about 7
Huskies, yes I'm that kinda guy,LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL Seriously those springs drove that guy nuts.L

So, you've got one person who complained about the mounting system, and you're ready to say it sucks? Hmm, who does that sound like. lol Tell me again, how many truckloads of saws did you sell this guy because he said Husky sucks. :chainsaw:

You know, I'm beginning to suspect that saw technicians have opinions, and they like to express them. Who'd a thunk it! :cheers:

So, you've got one person who complained about the mounting system, and you're ready to say it sucks? Hmm, who does that sound like. lol Tell me again, how many truckloads of saws did you sell this guy because he said Husky sucks. :chainsaw:

Well he was the only guy in town that had them saws, the rest were all using Stihl, never got any complaints out of them. Oppppppps forgets, another local arborist ,Arborist Service, he too comes in with a few Huskies. He, just like me, likes how they run but he won't hesitate for a second to tell you how they are put together. He has one 346, one 371, the rest of his saws are guess what, all Stihl. When those two die I'll be replacing them, no worries. Also contact the Loudoun County Fire Co and Rescue, try Arlington County Fire Dept and Fairfax County. They can tell you more than me about how well the Stihls hold up under heavy abuse verses the Huskies. Givem a call.

Now tell us Space, when is the last time you fired up your Husky??

Well he was the only guy in town that had them saws, the rest were all using Stihl, never got any complaints out of them. Oppppppps forgets, another local arborist ,Arborist Service, he too comes in with a few Huskies. He, just like me, likes how they run but he won't hesitate for a second to tell you how they are put together. He has one 346, one 371, the rest of his saws are guess what, all Stihl. When those two die I'll be replacing them, no worries. Also contact the Loudoun County Fire Co and Rescue, try Arlington County Fire Dept and Fairfax County. They can tell you more than me about how well the Stihls hold up under heavy abuse verses the Huskies. Givem a call.
That's real interesting there Red, er I mean Tom. Let's try something here and see if you see what it looks like.

Well he was the only guy in town that had them saws, the rest were all using Echo, never got any complaints out of them. Oppppppps forgets, another local arborist ,Arborist Service, he too comes in with a few Stihls. He, just like me, likes how they run but he won't hesitate for a second to tell you how they are put together. He has one 280, one 440, the rest of his saws are guess what, all Echo. When those two die I'll be replacing them, no worries. Also contact the Loudoun County Fire Co and Rescue, try Arlington County Fire Dept and Fairfax County. They can tell you more than me about how well the Echos hold up under heavy abuse verses the Stihls. Givem a call.

:cheers:

You know, I'm beginning to suspect that saw technicians have opinions, and they like to express them. Who'd a thunk it! :cheers:

I believe pot stirrers have opinions too even though we know what their opinion is based on. If it thickens as you stir it your pot should be all solids by now,LOLOLOLOLOL

That's real interesting there Red, er I mean Tom. Let's try something here and see if you see what it looks like.

Well he was the only guy in town that had them saws, the rest were all using Echo, never got any complaints out of them. Oppppppps forgets, another local arborist ,Arborist Service, he too comes in with a few Stihls. He, just like me, likes how they run but he won't hesitate for a second to tell you how they are put together. He has one 280, one 440, the rest of his saws are guess what, all Echo. When those two die I'll be replacing them, no worries. Also contact the Loudoun County Fire Co and Rescue, try Arlington County Fire Dept and Fairfax County. They can tell you more than me about how well the Echos hold up under heavy abuse verses the Stihls. Givem a call.

:cheers:

Good try, now when is the last time you fired up that Husky of yours?, whats the matter, has it so long you can't remember,hehehe See Space to be a good lawyer you have to overlook the BS like I just did, now answer the question sir,LOLOL

Ha ha. If I follow your advice here, I'll never pay attention to another post from you. :cheers:

If you're saying your quoted portion is bs, then I'm inclined to agree. :)

My my my, you would rather face comtempt of court instead of answering the question, hmmm, must mean you don't want them to know its been about 2 years since you started that Husky. How do I know, you told me so,LOL I wouldn't wanna tellem that either, especailly if I'm telling everyone how great they are, at that rate that saw should last 100 years,hehe

Also remember always, a good lawyer always knows the answer to the question before he asks it,hehehe

My my my, you would rather face comtempt of court instead of answering the question, hmmm, must mean you don't want them to know its been about 2 years since you started that Husky. How do I know, you told me so,LOL I wouldn't wanna tellem that either, especailly if I'm telling everyone how great they are, at that rate that saw should last 100 years,hehe

Also remember always, a good lawyer always knows the answer to the question before he asks it,hehehe

Everyone here knows I'm a student who has been out of the woods a piece. What I've been running is not what we're discussing, last time I checked. :)

I haven't made claims regarding which brand is better in this thread.

Besides, I have a 394, not a 372, and I also have an 034. I've not expressed opinions regarding either of them in this thread, or anywhere else lately. :)

Last edited:
Everyone here knows I'm a student who has been out of the woods a piece. What I've been running is not what we're discussing, last time I checked. :)

I haven't made claims regarding which brand is better in this thread.

Besides, I have a 394, not a 372, and I also have an 034. I've not expressed opinions regarding either of them in this thread, or anywhere else lately. :)

Your honor the wittness is badgering the lawyer,LOLOLOLOLOL

Back