Wky gtg 2013

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only have two kiddos so might not be as fun. I'm thinking possibly of making the trip with the kids and wife. My kids are 2 and five. Any of your kids close in age? My kids jump right in to any group for playtime. I'd bring some of my Dutch style sweet bologna along.

We have a 3,7and 9 year old. The 3 year old will be there part of the time. :)

I only have two kiddos so might not be as fun. I'm thinking possibly of making the trip with the kids and wife. My kids are 2 and five. Any of your kids close in age? My kids jump right in to any group for playtime. I'd bring some of my Dutch style sweet bologna along.

Just double checked with my better half, and my two will be there. My girl will actually turn 7 years old that day and my little boy is 4.

Our 6 year old isn't a fan of loud noises so it's going to be a kidless trip for us.:msp_sad:

Good, I will take a bed and meals for two nights ...

well heck,,,, it just dawned on me,,, uncle will be in the twin bed and the 2 boys will be on the floor in the 3rd bedroom,,,,, my wife will be gone so you can keep me warm in our queen size bed:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

well heck,,,, it just dawned on me,,, uncle will be in the twin bed and the 2 boys will be on the floor in the 3rd bedroom,,,,, my wife will be gone so you can keep me warm in our queen size bed:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Not being a snackie (or snackie sized), I will pass...

Since the build off is being run with stock chain I have a proposal.

After the build off everyone gets 45 minutes with their chain. Hand files only and the winner gets a cookie.

So you want to see who files best?

In 45 minute's on a 36inch chain you're not going to be able to get crazy. This just allows if the person is good with a file to capitalize on torque. Which would be fun to see where things end up next to the stock chain race.

In 45 minutes you can remove a lot of material on a chain. It would make sore fingers but you could probably get a decent gain out of a chain.

In 45 minutes you can remove a lot of material on a chain. It would make sore fingers but you could probably get a decent gain out of a chain.

That's my point of this really. You've got time to get a nice edge and adjust rakers. Not going to have a chance to do any tunneling or remove a large amount of material.

If you're confident in your saw and good with a file this challenge shouldn't scare you. It's a friendly contest and should be some added fun. We put plenty of time in these saws we should have fun trying to get the best times we can with nothing extra at stake.

Back