wood done for 08-09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would make a smart remark about you guys having to much time on your hands, but it would just be jealousy, so I won't.

Nice wood piles.:cheers:

I would make a smart remark about you guys having to much time on your hands, but it would just be jealousy, so I won't.

Nice wood piles.:cheers:

In my case, you would be correct. Retired, 72 and that is my recreation (mostly), my physical fitness program and I just generally like to be out there. If it weren't for that I would probably be 350 lbs with a big right thumb from channel surfing or more likely already dead. ;)

Harry K

works well, 1980 f150 400cu 4x4 full welded rear posi, winter chains, 4000lb weight in plow season, elect over hyd dump, plow up ,angle & hyd down press for dirt, built my own frame from seat back, no springs on rear , 2 trans coolers, straight 3" exhaust pipes , sounds like a for sale ad, hard on u- joints & fuel.View attachment 51275

View attachment 51276

View attachment 51277

Nice rig dutch! You got a few points for that!

In my case, you would be correct. Retired, 72 and that is my recreation (mostly), my physical fitness program and I just generally like to be out there. If it weren't for that I would probably be 350 lbs with a big right thumb from channel surfing or more likely already dead. ;)

Harry K

It is good exercise, and I enjoy being out in the woods too. I've been cutting and splitting all this week for next winter and filling the new wood shed. I'm glad to hear you're out there at 72. Gives me hope I will be too.

Harry, is that a farm field to the right of your truck there?

Oh, and nice "stockpile" you have there! :clap:

Yes it is. I am in the middle of the rolling hills of the Palouse (E WA). That is my neighbor who farms over a section, not sure how much as he doesn't own any, just rents. That one field alone stretches for around a mile and is at least 1/2 mile deep. My little patch is only a couple acres.

Harry K

I do the same, around 5 or 6 years ahead now. You have to manage the stockpile so that the 'first in, first out' rule is observed. That way you are always burning the oldest wood first.

020_5.jpg

My stockpile has those 3 bins and I should open up a 4th. Next season will empty the one on the left (under the maple) and I'll start filling it again. This year I am adding to the one on the right - it has about 10 cord of Locust behind the fresh rick.

Harry K

Wow , I wish I had that much in. I'm only at this. see pics.
This is my first real year on the OWB so I want to make sure I have enough. I just moved into my house 12/23/06 so I only used it part of the year and all I had was split wood for an indoor wood stove. These larger chucks of maple, ash and cherry ought to last a little longer than the split ones.
I also installed a homemade draft inducer on the front of my Central boiler using a squirrel cage fan from Graingers and I fabricated a stainless steel housing. Now everytime the auto damper opens the fan kicks on too.

Yep, you can never really have too much wood stock piled.I usually start cutting for the foloowing year around the 1st. of Oct. ( no snakes around then) My wife always asked me why I needed 2 years worth of wood.
Well, last year the last week in sept. I cut my right thumb off with a cirular saw and obviously was unable to cut any wood for the following year.
We were sure glad we had the extra wood already cut. Just goes to show You never know what could happen and it is always nice to be prepared.

BTW, they stuck my thumb back on with no problems :clap:

BTW, they stuck my thumb back on with no problems :clap:[/QUOTE]

How cool is that !! I lost part of my right index last year.... unfortunately, it could not be reattached. Amazing what they can do today, huh?

Yep, But it wasn't cool at the time. I had 3 pins 80+ stitches and a bunch of wires holding it on for 2 months. All together I had 3 surgeries on it. I can move it almost as well as my other thumb now but I can't fell anything at all with it.

The wife took all my circular saws away from me after that. She recently bought me a new one when she seen me cutting a 2x4 with my chainsaw !!:chainsawguy: LOL !!!

HAHAHA....... i guess she figured it would be the lesser of two evils.

I certainly didn't mean it was cool to go through all that...... just cool that today they can re-attach some of them.

KTM,
Take your new circular saw & combine it with the EZ SMART products. Here is the link to site map.
http://eurekazone.com/sitemap.html

You can go to this site & scroll down to the manufacturer forums. Spend a few days reading all the posts on what is possible.
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/index.php

No affiliation, just another user.
Al

P.S. There is a big fathers Day sale going on right now.

I've been working on my 08 - 09 wood also. Its not stacked yet.... but i'm getting close to having enough bucked and split.

Thanks, Dutch. I wish i could take all the credit, but the original owner only put on 63,000 miles in ten years. I try to do it justice by keeping it up.

Latest posts

Back