Wood Hauler Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two more for fun. I thought 6x6's didnt' get stuck?? Took me 4 days to get out of that one...

deucea.jpg

By protechservices at 2010-09-19

stuckn.jpg

Two more for fun. I thought 6x6's didnt' get stuck?? Took me 4 days to get out of that one...

deucea.jpg

stuckn.jpg

They only don't get stuck if you have the big pto driven winch on the front. Adds more counterbalance to give the front end more traction ;)
That and to prove the theory of better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

stihlman441 I'd love to see more pictures of your truck.

Sorry havnt got any more pics here at work,but what it is Ford BF 2006 Falcon ute that is heigher than standard and has a air opperated diff lock.They call it the RTV model and they dont make um anymore.I have put on Airbagman ride right air ballows on the back to take the heavey green wood load which you opperate from the cabin,works a treat.

Watch that long back axle when loaded like that, Been there, done that, have the mangled remains to prove it.

I use the trailer and my old chev with a cattle rack when I get wood in the mountains, but I need a place to put the split wood while I finish splitting the rest so that is why it is stacked so high. It would be dumb to drive on the roads like that.
I plan on making a slide in rack and swapping in a 4bt cummins then use it to get the wood.

I use the trailer and my old chev with a cattle rack when I get wood in the mountains, but I need a place to put the split wood while I finish splitting the rest so that is why it is stacked so high. It would be dumb to drive on the roads like that.
I plan on making a slide in rack and swapping in a 4bt cummins then use it to get the wood.

Make sure you put a set of Helitool disc brakes on your list, too.

Mine is more of a skidder and it powers the splitter. Around September it becomes a moose buggy. Unfortunately its a convertible now after a endo incident.

To have the bed, body, rack and transfer tank done was 2800$. Not cheap but I think it's worth it for a farm truck that I'll be keeping forever. The way I use this truck as a wood hauler/farm truck, it gets few miles put on it but the body takes tons of abuse. Without the Line-x the body would disintegrate long before the motor died.

Back