Wood Hauler Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its elm, don't laugh, it was free, standing dead, and it was on the ground when i got there.

I needed to get a few extra cords for comfort this year. I pulled 2 cords from this tree, a buddy got a 1.5 cord, and when i left there was still around 3/4 cord left.

that is my 361 with its new and stretched chain and 20" bar, this is mid trunk, the base was around 5.5'

a kean eye will see that chain saws are awesome metal detectors. the reason that this saw is wearing a new chain

Drove from Milwaukee to Saint Paul yesterday (Saturday 10/09/10) and noticed large chunks of what looked like cut firewood periodically along the shoulder of I-94. Anybody make that trip with an over-stacked load that arrived home a little lighter?

Philbert

My wood hauler is an old home built farm trailer & a Ford 8n. :) Most modern garden tractors have a higher HP rating than the old 8n (24hp) I believe. But it will handle heavy loads with ease, and is surprisingly nimble in the woods.

100_0477-1.jpg

100_0479.jpg

100_0081.jpg

:cheers:
Gregg,

Drove from Milwaukee to Saint Paul yesterday (Saturday 10/09/10) and noticed large chunks of what looked like cut firewood periodically along the shoulder of I-94. Anybody make that trip with an over-stacked load that arrived home a little lighter?

Philbert

That was Wendell, marking his way back from the gtg - hope the woodboogas didn't get all his markers or he might end up in yooperland!

Wood haulers 1 and 2.

attachment.php

attachment.php

This past summer I cut some wood on coworkers property. Just cleaned up a few acres up for him but the piece of property was inaccessible with the truck. I didn't want to hike the wood out so I threw the quad in the back of the truck and tied the little green trailer to the top of the wood pile when I was done. Worked out great! These pics are old but show the tools. I wish I would have thought to take one with everything loaded that day. :buttkick:

Those are supposed to have 10 tires, not 6. Also, you swapped out the military rubber for street radials. If the truck was stock it probably would have made it.

The military tires look aggressive, but actually suck. Also, they came in "Super Single" packages without the duallys on the rear axles.

My wood hauler is an old home built farm trailer & a Ford 8n. :) Most modern garden tractors have a higher HP rating than the old 8n (24hp) I believe. But it will handle heavy loads with ease, and is surprisingly nimble in the woods.

100_0477-1.jpg

100_0479.jpg

100_0081.jpg

Gregg,

Gregg
The blue saw in your pic - the one with the husky bar - is that a poulan? I can almost make out the wording on the clutch cover and it looks like poulan to me but I have never seen a blue one.
Nice set up and nice wood.
Lou

Gregg
The blue saw in your pic - the one with the husky bar - is that a poulan? I can almost make out the wording on the clutch cover and it looks like poulan to me but I have never seen a blue one.
Nice set up and nice wood.
Lou

Yes Lou, its a Poulan 4000 with a 24" Husky bar on it. I fixed up a couple older Poulans and painted them in Ford tractor colors, LOL Another is painted red & gray. Another New Holland yellow & red. Was one of those crazy ideas that seemed like a good idea at the time.:)
Gregg,

Here are a few pics of my wood hauling equipment. I hit a deer with the winch truck at around 45 mph on the way up the hill. No damage but it left some hair on the bumper.

I have $3,000 in the non winch truck. It did save me some money. I moved across the country in it and stored my stuff for a year in it.

The winch truck cost me $2,150. I had to fix the front axle. A pumkin and gaskets ran me $250.

I have $7,500 in the John Deere.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Is that a tricycle being used as a high lift jack? What is the weight rating of that thing? Never seen one used as a jack stand before.

Last edited:
Wow Josh!!! I'm really jealous now.. Thats what I been kinda wanting myself. About a 97 F350 4x4 with 8' bed and standard cab. Can't make up my mind if I want gas or diesel.:dizzy: Thats a great looking truck, especially for a 92.
Gregg,

Hey thanks gregg - I went with the 460 5spd and 4:10's cause I won't use it every day and the maintenance and troubleshooting is a bit easier. I really wanted to diesel (had one before and LOVED IT) but they were alot more $ too. If I decide to sell it I'll let ya know :) Thanks again

Back