Wood Hauler Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two more for fun. I thought 6x6's didnt' get stuck?? Took me 4 days to get out of that one...

deucea.jpg

By protechservices at 2010-09-19

stuckn.jpg

By protechservices at 2010-09-19

What did you end up doing to get that thing out? Lot's of jacking and boards?

My "92 Ford, 254,000 miles and still running great. I had it repainted 7 years ago.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Hay racks work good for the big stuff.
attachment.php

Last year I only got a shot at one pheasant. The last couple winters have been hard on them.
The Oak trees are plentiful (about 16 acres), if I wasn't working all these 12 hour days I'd be doing more cutting.

All you guys with dump trailers are making me sick. I sold mine last year. Wasn't using it much and needed the money with all the kids now. Well, I hauled a couple of pickup loads of green red oak last weekend...I did miss the old trailer.:(

All you guys with dump trailers are making me sick. I sold mine last year. Wasn't using it much and needed the money with all the kids now. Well, I hauled a couple of pickup loads of green red oak last weekend...I did miss the old trailer.:(

Yep. :agree: I dont think you realize how much you use the dump function till its gone!

I was thinking about building a dumping goose neck trailer...

Well I wrote off my 01' Chev. well kinda.. I could fix it but I don't think it's worth the $$. Anyway a buddy and I went to a Gov't / Repo Auction today ands it's safe to say I know where my next wood hauler is coming from.. I watched 6-7 3/4 4x4 all with less then 150,000 km go for $5-$9K..
Saw an 03' F350 crew cab 8' box go for $6200.. next time I'm bringing my credit card.

I think I'll be keeping my chev for a yard truck.. I wish it was 4x4 so I could put a plow on it.

What's that mill? Do you run er with no valve cover? I've seen guys do worse things. Cool old truck, my uncle built things like that, he used the running gear of an old DUCK. Not much would stop that thing, wish I had a pic, but it went and got recycled years ago. What ever it was made into is probably heavy.

I'm just getting the hang of posting pics, this is just my little trailer, usually pulled by an 88 F150. I didn't pull this load very far, just a little ways from my yard.
vCk76.jpg

What's that mill? Do you run er with no valve cover? I've seen guys do worse things. Cool old truck, my uncle built things like that, he used the running gear of an old DUCK. Not much would stop that thing, wish I had a pic, but it went and got recycled years ago. What ever it was made into is probably heavy.

I'm not sure what you mean by your first question. It wasn't military if that's what you meant. It would be nice if it was 4WD, but the chains help. :)

We had the valve cover off because the valves had been sticking, and bent the push rods. We had to adjust them after bending the push rods back into shape, and it has to be hot. The cover will go back on before we take it out for a load of wood. We've been working on it for the last week or so to get it ready to go.

I'm not sure what you mean by your first question. It wasn't military if that's what you meant. It would be nice if it was 4WD, but the chains help. :)

We had the valve cover off because the valves had been sticking, and bent the push rods. We had to adjust them after bending the push rods back into shape, and it has to be hot. The cover will go back on before we take it out for a load of wood. We've been working on it for the last week or so to get it ready to go.
by mill he means what engine....... ehhh...nevermind...you figured it out...

Mill is an old term for engine, I suppose thats the old ironhorse chev, great mill. I once had a split manifold for one, and some other hot rod parts. Love them old trucks, someday I'm gonna get my 48 F-5 running again, It has no valve covers to take off.

Latest posts

Back