Wood pile for my 2nd Winter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtrr4

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
First winter I ran out of wood, just didnt have time to get enough wood cut and cured. (had wood stacked but still to wet) This year is a different story, pile concists of Red Oak, Hackberry, Honey Locust, Ash and some Walnut. I only cover it in the winter to keep the dry from rain and snow. It was uncovered all spring and summer. The stacked stuff on the end that isnt covered is freshly cut so it will be next years stash.

Attachments

• Wood Pile.jpg
    Wood Pile.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 228
Is that a fence or firewood? Looks good!!

Yes, the firewoodk is stacked against the fence. With only a .78 acre lot, space is limited so we opted to use this space. I actually started stacking early this spring when the farmer happened to be planting the corn. I had 3 rows going when he said I was out to far so I had to limit myslef to 2 rows.

I didn't even see the corn there!! I am always amazed when I see how and where the farmers plant the corn. I`m surprised they aren't planting on roof tops in some places I've been.

Very nice. I was just able to get a few cord of red oak nearby this weekend and replenished what I've burned so far this season. My lot is smaller than yours and I'll scavenge all the quality stuff I can get and worry about location later. This is the first seller's market we've had after people got caught shorthanded last winter.

I also picked up about another cord of red oak this past week from a gentleman who had a tree cut down in fall of 2012. (I got about 2 cord from him this spring). Hard to beleive the wood is still a little damp inside after you split into it after sitting for 2 years.

Well this week we willl have lows dip below 0 a couple nights. The old stove will probably not be able to keep up on those nights.

Latest posts

Back