wood pile

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, ya bugs and mold are a fact of life, happens everywhere. As a matter of fact I would think it would be a good place. Bugs and mold are everywhere. Keep it off the ground and cover it so it can breathe. I use a canvas tarp.

Ok, ya bugs and mold are a fact of life, happens everywhere. As a matter of fact I would think it would be a good place. Bugs and mold are everywhere. Keep it off the ground and cover it so it can breathe. I use a canvas tarp.

yeah, i'll pretty much echo this statement. there was a guy about 30 mins from me that was giving away almost a cord of seasoned would that he didn't want anymore. he changed from a woodstove to a heat pump. said the wood stove never heated really well...

when i got there to get the wood, i could see why. he had a small yard, and he had his wood stacked under two large pine trees. that wasn't the problem, though. the problem was his wood was "stacked" directly on the ground with no airflow going through it. i had to literally brush off the pine needles to get to the wood.

when i took it home and restacked it correctly, within three days the wood was airdried again (the wood was already seasoned) and i was burning my "free pile".

Latest posts

Back