wood price

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nomak

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a friend who was wanting to buy some wood from me and its all maple and im not sure what to price it to him for. I know in these parts that oak most likely not seasoned goes for 50 to 55 a rick. so was wondering what a fair price would be for a rick of maple...

A "rick" is pretty much undefined, so if you mean 1/3 cord, then that would be ~$150-165/cord for unseasoned oak. With me, the buyer would get a better price on buying a full cord than buying fractional cords.

Hard (sugar maple) is more desirable than softer maples (red, silver, boxelder maple). What kind of maple do you have?

Last edited:
Delivery Included???

If he's loading and hauling on his own $165 to $175 a cord isn't unreasonable, at least in this area.

Check Craigslist prices in your area. Through out the low guys and average the pricing to see what is the prevailing price in your area.

Take Care

A "rick" is pretty much undefined, so if you mean 1/3 cord, then that would be ~$150-165/cord for unseasoned oak. With me, the buyer would get a better price on buying a full cord than buying fractional cords.

Hard (sugar maple) is more desirable than softer maples (red, silver, boxelder maple). What kind of maple do you have?

Nice call he has to know if it is red or sugar. I buy the junk maple for 30 a f-150 load.

To me.... a "rick" is a face cord... and a Face Cord of unseasoned split Maple is something that i would not charge a "Friend" much for.. i would charge enough to cover my time cutting and splitting.. A guess $35..:cheers: Comeon dude,, unseasoned maple..? give a friend a break..:chainsaw:

I just delivered this load to a friend for $200 plus he threw in $20 for fuel.
He tried to pay me more for the wood but I quoted him $200 for 2 cords.

That's what friends are for...

Actually will stack out 2.5 + cords. The trailer holds 2.5 cords and the truck just over a cord, normally would charge $325 for that load...and perhaps a del. fee...

attachment.php

Trk is loaded with Tamerack and trailer is Red Fir...all well seasoned, at least 2 yrs, plus it was standing dead when cut...

Last edited:
I just delivered this load to a friend for $200 plus he threw in $20 for fuel.
He tried to pay me more for the wood but I quoted him $200 for 2 cords.

That's what friends are for...

Actually will stack out 2.5 + cords. The trailer holds 2.5 cords and the truck just over a cord, normally would charge $325 for that load...and perhaps a del. fee...

attachment.php

:jawdrop: I pay $100 a cord for whole logs delivered....:cheers:

I was thinking about 30 or 35 and I have to deliever it not but 5 miles away from here..But its split and seasoned wood. and its silver maple and in these parts what we call a rick of wood is a 4' x 8' x 16" stack..lenghts may very from 16" to 18".....

For good friend, for that little wood, I'd probably give it to him once. I've given truck loads of wood away to friends who aren't looking for a handout but were short on wood for whatever reason. If a rick of oak goes for 50-55, I think $40-$45 would be good for soft maple and $50-$55 for hard maple (burns about as well as oak).

Here seasoned Red Oak is a premium I get $300 while others are charging up to $365. Keep in mind it takes me nearly a full day to transport a mere 2 cord from the mountains plus I have to pay $200 for the load. Then buck & split.

Back