Wood Splitter Wanted

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArborView

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Looking for a good used wood splitter. Would prefer something capable of splitting 4 foot logs, but will consider something smaller too.

You gotta be kiddin me. I can't find one anywhere. I looked in this week's Want Ad but found nothing.
I wouldn't think there are too many people looking for ones capable of 4'.
When I was in high school I used to work for my uncle who did logging and a small cordwood business, about 100 cord a year. We used to cut it to 4', split it, and stack it. Then we'd cut it to 12", 16", or 24" when it was dry for the customer on a sawrig and throw it in the truck for delivery. It was a pretty efficient operartion actually. Unfortunately, after he passed away, the skidder and splitter was sold. JD skidder and nice, rugged homemade splitter too. I wish I had them back right now!!
Anyway, I would like a 4' splitter for my own use and to sell a little exta wood for some extra cash.

AMERICAN 4' LOG SPLITTER. 3-pt PTO. High output pump. Real fast & powerful. Will split anything from 0-52"L, add-on 4-way wedge. Brand new, never used. $2400; Call Rick eves. (W. Newbury) 978-363-2316 (cw)i

4' LOG SPLITTER. 3' piston. 8hp. Tecumseh motor. 15" wls, easy to tow. Hvy duty home built. Able to split 4'. (yes, 4' logs). Hydraulic cyl has 3" throw w/quick return. Has 8" working height & has oak logs. $700; E-mail: [email protected]. Call Herb. (Athol) 978-249-7593 (cc)i

There was a few others, but they didn't specify length.

www.thewantadvertiser.com

These ads are current.

{I fixed the link}

Last edited:
Website

netree,

What is the name of that website you were looking at? I'm not hunting for log splitters, but I was just curious to check out that site. The address you gave didn't seem to work.

www.thewantedvertiser.com

Take care,
Brad

Latest posts

Back