Wood Stack Pictures

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a stack i finished today. It's about 2 cord. I like using the steel t posts to hold the end pallets in place.
attachment.php

I'm assuming you're talking two face cord right? I prefer to count my wood in full cords. It is a nice stack though, the pallets on the ends work great.

well, crap after looking at all your pics, I'm embarrassed to post mine..
but i just finished spiting and stacking, took more time then normal due to the wife's health this year, had to do it all myself :( but that's okay.

just a touch over 19 rick (if i did my math right :dizzy:) with another rick stacked in the garage that we have been burning off of since the first of Oct. very mild here this year, so looks like I might have to haul some of this back to the back yard in the spring.
but better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it.
now to start gathering for NEXT season, keep telling my self i am going to get ahead of the game...

DSC06081s.jpg

DSC06083s.jpg

oh and the baby helped as well....:D

DSC06026s.jpg

Here's a good question. Where are everyone getting there pallets from?
Getting them free or purchase?

i have a buddy that has a buddy that owns a sheet metal shop, so i get all i want for free, just have to load them, HEAVY, 90% oak 4x4's 12' to 14' long, and most have oak cross ties.

have a couple of OLD chains to cut them up, with a few missing teeth...
they are a PITA to cut up but after a couple years i have got it figured out pretty well, cept for all the nails, that you have to deal with when you unload ashes...

also build things out of them, like the side boards on the wood truck.
shelf's in barn and stake posts on trailer, i could go on. and on.

DSC05870s.jpg

OH, BTW my log splitter is in the middle of that red circle....DOH!!! had to drag her out and clean up some... :D

i have a buddy that has a buddy that owns a sheet metal shop, so i get all i want for free, just have to load them, HEAVY, 90% oak 4x4's 12' to 14' long, and most have oak cross ties.

have a couple of OLD chains to cut them up, with a few missing teeth...
they are a PITA to cut up but after a couple years i have got it figured out pretty well, cept for all the nails, that you have to deal with when you unload ashes...

also build things out of them, like the side boards on the wood truck.
shelf's in barn and stake posts on trailer, i could go on. and on.

DSC05870s.jpg

OH, BTW my log splitter is in the middle of that red circle....DOH!!! had to drag her out and clean up some... :D

youuu miiiiiggghhhhtt beee a redneck if your splitter......:cheers:

Back