Wood Stack Pictures

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IGOTWOOD004.jpg

this is the maple stack and another bunch fresh for sale

Do you have any trouble selling maple in your neck of the woods?

maple is hardwood

Do you have any trouble selling maple in your neck of the woods?

I have never had trouble with maple and this is the first year I sold any and people love seasoned wood. I don't cheat anyone and tell them exactly what they are getting. I offer everyone their choice of maple or ash or mixed and have not had any that knew any difference. I have 3 regulars and they all still want mixed loads..so I believe it is pretty much equal wood..my choice would be the ash but to each their own.

I have never had trouble with maple and this is the first year I sold any and people love seasoned wood. I don't cheat anyone and tell them exactly what they are getting. I offer everyone their choice of maple or ash or mixed and have not had any that knew any difference. I have 3 regulars and they all still want mixed loads..so I believe it is pretty much equal wood..my choice would be the ash but to each their own.

This is part of the maple I began the wood selling season with. All total there were 26 tandem loads of which there may be 6 left. The Lord has blessed being able to sell the soft wood.:rock:

Picture147-1.jpg

rented a splitter for the weekend and my wife and I spent saturday and sunday splitting and stacking. all the stacks are two-deep and the stack on the far side of the pole is over my head. I'm going to measure up and see about how many cords we have, for reference.

6_stack_day2.jpg

OK, it's WOODSHED time boys and girls.:givebeer: Unless you love going out in drips or snow getting the wood for the day, build yourself a real woodheater's woodshed. Plenty of ideas and designs for simple, easy sheds here and online. No more silly tarps that maybe last a year, or all those makeshift redneck ( pardon moi real rednecks ) covers from old tin roofs. Build it and ye shall come. :censored:

You got the space an time to stack. Then build something that works. Unless you got time to waste on all those oh-so-elegant-covered-stacks. C'mon, get off it.

Negativo reps accepted. :dizzy:

JMHSHO:givebeer:

OK, it's WOODSHED time boys and girls.:givebeer: Unless you love going out in drips or snow getting the wood for the day, build yourself a real woodheater's woodshed. Plenty of ideas and designs for simple, easy sheds here and online. No more silly tarps that maybe last a year, or all those makeshift redneck ( pardon moi real rednecks ) covers from old tin roofs. Build it and ye shall come. :censored:

You got the space an time to stack. Then build something that works. Unless you got time to waste on all those oh-so-elegant-covered-stacks. C'mon, get off it.

Negativo reps accepted. :dizzy:

JMHSHO:givebeer:

Ha! City codes won't allow any more 'sheds' here as we already have a small (8'x8') storage shed. So, I have to stack on pallets. I'm in process of adding pallets to the top to support winter tarps - while cringing from the inspection police.....

Shari

Here is a stack i finished today. It's about 2 cord. I like using the steel t posts to hold the end pallets in place.
attachment.php

I envisioned mine to look the same as the last two, my pics are back aways. But it's not near as full, and not split as I don't have a splitter and the pieces are small enough IMO. Nice stacks, y'all!

attachment.php
[/IMG]Here is my pile so far, and a self unloading trailer. the pile is bigger than it looks, about 60-70 face cord so far.

Last edited:
Back