WOOOHOOO new saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yjcrawler

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
just got the okay to buy a new saw
thinking on the ms 361 stihl..my nieghbor says get a jonsered..???
never heard of them i guess thier good just looking for a smaller saw to cut wood with the 066 just to big for most wood out here what is a saw that will give me the best saw for my money looking to spend no more than 700

I can't sell you on the j'red, because I haven't tried one. That said, I really love the 361 for an everyday saw. 18" bar with some 3/8" RSC. Some like the 20" but I thought the balance of the 18" was better. You are covered on the bigger end anyway.

I just sold my 361 because of lack of use. I have a dual port 460 for the big stuff an run a 372 with a twenty for most of my work in and out of the bucket and a 50 cc saw for limbing and the groundie. IMO the 361 is way over priced when for 50 $ more u can pick up the 372 that will eat it's lunch.

well my service manager at work sold me his 039 stihl for 100$ looks new runs great he saidhe only cut firewood for 1 season on it then the big "d" happend now he resides in a apartment.... dont needa saw in an apartment
cant wait to use it headed to caney ks on sat ...will run it through its paces
so did i get a good deal i think so

Jonsered is an excellent saw to look at! I like the 2153 2156 and the 2159! All very good mid range saws!

well my service manager at work sold me his 039 stihl for 100$ looks new runs great he saidhe only cut firewood for 1 season on it then the big "d" happend now he resides in a apartment.... dont needa saw in an apartment
cant wait to use it headed to caney ks on sat ...will run it through its paces
so did i get a good deal i think so

You did good, not the fanciest saw but it will do what it needs to do for damn sure. :cheers:

just got the okay to buy a new saw
thinking on the ms 361 stihl..my nieghbor says get a jonsered..???
never heard of them i guess thier good just looking for a smaller saw to cut wood with the 066 just to big for most wood out here what is a saw that will give me the best saw for my money looking to spend no more than 700
imo the 440/460 is the best bang fer the buck and will handle anything you put under it. stay away from sawz you dont hear about.:)

Back