Worst nut job I've ever went to quote

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All this for lack of a simple statement of, "Hey now mister,you're gonna be paying me to cut, split and stack YOUR wood, not to get screwed by you for its burning quality." OP gotta learn to stand up for himself.

Did you read the same OP I did? Seems like everybody stood up for themselves fine like.

Mr. HE:cool:

When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, your
best strategy is to dismount.

However, in our government more advanced strategies are
often employed, such as:

1. Buying a stronger (and more expensive) whip.

2. Changing riders.

3. Appointing a committee to study the horse.

4. Arranging trips to other countries to see how other cultures ride dead horses.

5. Lowering the standards so that dead horses can be included.

6. Reclassifying the dead horse as living-impaired.

7. Hiring outside contractors to ride the dead horse.

8. Harnessing several dead horses together to increase efficiency.

9. Providing additional funding and/or training to
increase dead horse's performance.

10. Doing a productivity study to see if lighter riders
would improve the dead horse's performance.

11. Declaring that as the dead horse does not have to be
fed, it is less costly, carries lower overhead and therefore
contributes substantially more to the bottom line of the economy than
do some live horses.

12. Rewriting the expected performance requirements for all horses.

And of course....

13. Promoting the dead horse to a supervisory position.

Absolutely Classic !!

Absolutely Classic !!

Can't take credit for it...I copied and pasted an email I got from my dad today!! LOL Couldn't get it posted fast enough. When I first read it, I just about dropped my wifes laptop cuz I was laughing at its pertinance to this thread!

Last edited:
All this for lack of a simple statement of, "Hey now mister,you're gonna be paying me to cut, split and stack YOUR wood, not to get screwed by you for its burning quality." OP gotta learn to stand up for himself.

did you read,,in the op,,what the age of the BOY was,,that was getting the screwing from mr more intelligent than anyone else????? [also known as a cutthroat!!] maybe he wasnt as smart as you are.......REREAD,,the WHOLE original OP

Don't let the fact he's a cop keep you from calling him on it. He should be honest about it. Hell, I'd call and rat him out for having a garage full of illegal firewood. People like that make it hard for all the good cops.

of all the people i sold firewood to in a 2 year time span - the only person i EVER had trouble collecting money from, was a cop.

he paid in cash the first time, the second delivery i expected the same .
i forget the excuse he gave, (as it was almost 2 years ago) but he made some sort of excuse about why he couldnt even provide a check that night, he said he would have to "mail" me a check...keep in mind this delivery was set up days in advance.

i show up on schedule with the wood, he makes excuses about payment, i give him my address, says he'll send it tomorrow.
over a week goes by (he lives 10 miles away) and still no check. i call him and leave voicemail, no pickup, no returned call. ignored me.
i send an email, he answers the email a couple days later and says "checks in the mail - thanks again" - another week goes by... still no check in the mail. i called him again, no answer, no returned call, i send another email, this time he doesnt respond. another week goes by.. 3 weeks from when i delivered... still no check. more calls/emails, no response.

check shows up randomly in the mail over a Month after the delivery, with a postmarked date on it from 3-4 days earlier... did he not think id see the date on the front of the envelope... ?

the guy obviously lied, several times, then finally sent the money a few days before i got it, after ignoring my phone calls and emails for weeks.

the best part... he emails me the next season asking when id like to set up a delivery.. ignore and deleted.

ive noticed that when offering a service like this, in general the cops have a different attitude all together. they kind of take the "boss" role in the way they talk to you and tell you what they want, rather than the customer role, if you know what i mean.

me and a friend successfully guessed many cops professions, before meeting them, just based on the way they talk to you over the phone when ordering the wood. their tone of voice, the way they almost interrogate you, many sort of talk down to you like an authority figure, funny stuff.

Last edited:
Cops...

My old man always told me that cops have the "God Syndrome". Give someone a badge and a gun and they think they are "god".

Well, like an idiot I just read this entire thread. :bang: Think I'll go stick a file handle in my neck. :buttkick:

It took a heluva turn, huh? More like a "figure 8" LOL. :popcorn::givebeer:

I very much enjoyed the root story though!!!

Last edited:
Good God, this is one funny ass thread... :biggrinbounce2:

Well, the first part where, wait... what happened again?

Latest posts

Back