Worst nut job I've ever went to quote

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After following this thread from the beginning, I'm now convinced I need to thoroughly check out wind power. There seems to be a NEVER ENDING supply.

Of course I see the dangers in that. And I posted *data*, not conspiracy theory, go research it yourself, see where carbon credits came from. I've been pro getting away from the big energy cartels since the 60s now. And getting to the point we can leave that stuff way buried in the ground.

And I have also embraced solar power myself, put my meagre wallet where my mouth is, for a variety of reasons. I like solar photovoltaics (have a modest array), solar thermal (greenhouse, got some fresh picked tomatoes yesterday...), and solar biochemical--firewood. Firewood is stored solar, about as clean an energy source as you can get. It's not perfect, but it gets close compared to most other sources, and is pretty spiffy about being carbon neutral. Not all the way, but dang close..

Those are my top choices for energy. Nuclear fusion power, and the easiest way to get it.

Liquid fuels are harder right now, but eventually I'll get independent on that, and won't need any fossil fuels. Cleaner and more independent. Why pollute, and why make billionaires richer?

And I minimize my uses of them, and never waste or burn any that aren't necessary, ie no fuel burning "toys" for one. Necessary work, then shut down, that's it. No jetski type toys (land, air, sea, nuthin) no trailriding, no racing, no joyriding on the road, no running stuff 10 times bigger than it needs to be to get the job done. None, zero, it doesn't happen with me, not anymore. Used to, seen the light, changed my mind and my actions.. I'm serious, don't waste an erg that isn't necessary for my work. And I've switched back to all hand splitting over most of it being done with the hydraulic. Now, hand split only. Now if/when I go sell some wood sometime in the future..not sure how I will address that yet. Ideally..something like a diesel engine splitter running off my own biodiesel, or something like a steam plant, running clunky pieces of wood. Ideally...have to see how it goes.

My little timeline was just to illustrate where the driving force for classifying CO2 as a dangerous pollutant came from..not so much from science, as much as from the scam paper financial product known as "carbon credits". And how the data-the real science-got perverted. It's a money grab, and also a major political power grab. Governments want *control* over their serfs. It's part of their gig now.

That took something that was good and necessary, dealing with serious pollution, and blew it out of the water with unnecessary baggage. It is corrupt now. Whizzes me off something this important got perverted for that crap.

There's probably a lot of *good* science in there..just we have no way to tell now. That's the part that annoys me the most.

People say that the big oil cartels have economic power..bah, pikers, it is the big international money boys who are the real string pullers here.

I want science independent as possible, as far from politics as can be had. Because of the proven recent past history of compromised science and obviously corrupt government...personally..I can't trust it (them). I would *like* to, but can't.

But that doesn't mean I have adopted like some sort of neocon Rush Limbaugh Luddite version of science either, of course not. I certainly remember chunky styled yellow air and rapidly losing any sources of even moderately clean water. Left to their own profits, corporations could give a whit about pollution, that's why I think they should have some minimum regulations, I just don't trust the regulators now, nor do I trust the tame scientists who exist on corporate grants. We are in a seriously "no win" situation.

No, I don't have any easy answers for that either, to me, the system has been flawed for a long time, due to corruption and too much fixation on the almighty conjob buck.

I believe in being a "good steward", and to me, that should come first over "profits".

I also know that puts me into a distinct minority on this planet. So be it, I don't care, "making money" has never been the most important thing in my life. It barely makes it into the top ten, if that.

are you saying,,you dont want the leftists greenies,,to have control over your life??? why,,that aint right..they will be looking at your wood burner!!!!:hmm3grin2orange: al gore being the biggest hypocrite around...

After following this thread from the beginning, I'm now convinced I need to thoroughly check out wind power. There seems to be a NEVER ENDING supply.

Different game. It's "Virtual" wind. At the very least you'll need a good internet connection for a constant supply.

You just posted my thoughts, they are self explanatory.

Thoughts are exactly what were posted, you have failed to offer any substantive evidence to support your claim. Generalizations are easy to come by, but like any college professor I need to see the empirical evidence that substantiates the sweeping charges you have made. Unless you have evidence to stand behind you it is probably best to remain silent.

Gentlemen,

I regret to inform you that the horse has died. There is no further reason to beat it anymore.

Being unable to stand behind your comments I can see why you want it to die. Most people who actually believe in and can validate what they write would be willing to support their statements to the end.

Last edited:
So, with your thinking everyone who makes a statement on here must to your satisfaction provide documented sources for anything that they say? Get over yourself, you don't agree ,we get that.Like the previous poster your mock outrage proves the original statement.You have added nothing new so obviously your writings are for your own ego.This thread has gone off track and has become a soap box for blowhards,thus a dead horse.Please have the decorum to let it go.

So, with your thinking everyone who makes a statement on here must to your satisfaction provide documented sources for anything that they say? Get over yourself, you don't agree ,we get that.Like the previous poster your mock outrage proves the original statement.You have added nothing new so obviously your writings are for your own ego.This thread has gone off track and has become a soap box for blowhards,thus a dead horse.Please have the decorum to let it go.

If you make a blanket statement that impugns the integrity of a person, a group of persons or a profession and attempt to pass it off as fact, I think you should be prepared to provide either quantitative or qualitative evidence to support your statement. Perhaps we should review what you initially wrote:

Most professors went to school, became indoctrinated and then taught school making them liberal idiots on the threshold of communism. Are there exceptions ? Sure there are, but by and large they are smug superior jackasses that couldn't get by their raging incompetence without tenure(don't even get me started on that). So if in our experience most of us have as much respect and contempt for them as they have for us don't be surprised at the general perception. Much like lawyers, there is a reason there is so many jokes about them.Because it's true.

As I read this, you are indicating that "most" professors are "liberal idiots", "smug superior jackasses" who suffer from "raging incompetence" while bordering "on the threshold of communism". If your statement had been prefaced as being your opinion, I would have no issue with your claims. However, without such a disclaimer you are attempting to pass off your remarks as based in fact. As such, you need to be prepared to stand behind them or to edit your comments to reflect that they are merely your opinion.

In the event you never attended a college or university, you might be surprised to learn that there are many conservative and religiously based institutions. New Hampshire is no exception, you can find all of the state's colleges and universities listed on the following website with links to the individual schools.

NH.gov - Resources for New Hampshire Residents - Education - Colleges & Universities

Interesting that you should comment on the thread moving off track when your rant is what took it there. Perhaps if you spent some time with someone who earned a doctorate degree you might actually learn something and have a less narrow view of the world.

I guess we can infer the professor in the OP just needed quantitative evidence regarding proper measurements of a cord of wood and something qualitative to convince him to pay for it. :hmm3grin2orange:

Mr. HE:cool:

I spent twenty years with people that have earned doctorate degrees.The bulk of which were smug superior jackasses. This is my opinion and the results of twenty years of observation.You have proven yourself to be in a class with them(in my opinion) or just a wanna be groupie riding their coat tails through life. In any event ,I stand by my statement of them as a group and you. You will of course have to have the last world trying to make me whiz all over myself and submit to your giant intellect but it's just not going to happen.I have no doubt the folks here could provide a story or two of an example of a prof. out of control. That would take up many more pages which would take us even more off track of the story of a member who had to deal with a smug ass who thought he could bully people with his arrogance.Obama was a professor who has achieved the Peters principal who along with his communist buddies (Van Jones, Bill Ayers, Bernadine Dorn, Cloward and Piven) have tried to indoctrinate the youth by teaching their belief as fact. I guess bombing public buildings and plotting the overthrow of the government must be really smart, but I'm too dumb to see the wisdom in it. Education is a wonderful thing, but it's not the only thing.If you went to school and then taught school without any further life experience, you are part of the problem and miles away from the solution.Of course thats just my opinion.

It is interesting that I merely asked you for documentation to support your allegations and the only response that you can provide is to personally attack me and digress into a political rant. No, I am not a professor, but I have enough education and focus to answer a simple question without having to resort to obfuscation. You have revealed much more about your character and intellect by evading the question that we ever could have gleaned via a direct response. I can certainly understand how you came to have difficulty interacting with intellectual people....

WOW, I guess you told me ! Now can you move on with your life ? If you have to you can give me the old, "I know you are but what what am I" ? Go ahead... you know you want to.

LB has returned from Banned Camp ( thank you, thank you very much for the applause :clap::clap:), and this banjo thread continues unabatted (sp. for this former prof/lover/butcher).

What this little gray matter is unable to compute is why too many of you develop an O.C.D. of highly strung emotions about nada. Hey, life is short ( no not "short hairs" ), then you die is all too true for those who have been close to the edge. This can be mil, extreme sports, chainsaw errors, or love.

So Timmy, hate those "lib commie profs with tenure" that you can't know. Argue with the intelligensia here of which there are many of us, and be right.....always. Rapture will come.:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

P.S. Would all those who have enjoyed banned camp, please raise your hands ? There are no- zero- words to harm in this message.

Agree, Let him go blow smoke up someones *(^$ who cares, maybe another professor

It is interesting that I merely asked you for documentation to support your allegations and the only response that you can provide is to personally attack me and digress into a political rant. No, I am not a professor, but I have enough education and focus to answer a simple question without having to resort to obfuscation. You have revealed much more about your character and intellect by evading the question that we ever could have gleaned via a direct response. I can certainly understand how you came to have difficulty interacting with intellectual people....

eschew obfuscation!

Great Story

Indiansprings,

Great story, thank you for sharing it with us! Bring back more juicy details if they arise.

Guys,

Food for thought......"If you are right, it does not make me wrong.....But if I am right, it does not make you wrong either." Opinions are like xxxhole...everybody has one!!! Agree to disagree and shake hands like men.

:smile2::tongue2::msp_rolleyes::msp_tongue::msp_razz::biggrin::redface::smile2:

for a guy with only a few posts,,you are figuring em out well......carry on.......

Latest posts

Back