Worth fixing?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status update: I have the 034 Stihl running beautifully, it's now my daily use saw.

I had the Husqvarna 350 running briefly after pulling it for about an hour.... Now I can't even manage that. Spark plug is good and clean, so is the air filter. Can smell gas after the first pull with the throttle level in, although it smells pretty lean. I poured a mystery fluid out of both gas and bar oil tanks. A deep dark blue/green colour. Sure don't taste like gas or oil. Any suggestions where I should be looking for issues next? Also, any info or ideas on the fluid would be appreciated :)
Lots of info on the known issues like the afore mentioned lower case bolts, also the intake plastic clamp. I hope you dumped the old fluids out before trying to start, not knowing how long the gas has been in the saw. Sounds like a carb cleaning is in order, paying attention to the screen on the inlet side as well as the filter in the tank. These are dead simple saws with a cult following, after you get the bugs worked out, you’ll understand why. Good luck, and don’t be afraid to research it on the web, YouTube has many good videos on it!

The Genius part of my username is a sarcastic thing sadly...
I did dump out all of the old fluids in all of the saws, that was step 1. I'll be sure to check up on those bolts and clamps, as well as give the carb a good cleaning.
Apparently there is a very specific start up procedure for the 350, according to the internet. Gonna give it all a whirl and let ya know if it works :)

By any chance does anyone recognize the big old McCulloch? I'd love to be able to read up on the model and get some specs

I did dump out all of the old fluids in all of the saws, that was step 1. I'll be sure to check up on those bolts and clamps, as well as give the carb a good cleaning.
Apparently there is a very specific start up procedure for the 350, according to the internet. Gonna give it all a whirl and let ya know if it works :)

By any chance does anyone recognize the big old McCulloch? I'd love to be able to read up on the model and get some specs

Before now I never heard op a king named "PHO" But heard of a "Sofa King" etc. :crazy:

440 or D44. Big and heavy. Not extremely fast, but lots of torque. Parts are scarce. SP81 is easier to find parts for IMO, and a good stout saw. Enough torque to pull a 28-30" bar with skip tooth chain.
Hayseed, I watched that Buckin vid. He didnt just keep up, he whipped that 372! Might just be the chain.;)

440 or D44. Big and heavy. Not extremely fast, but lots of torque. Parts are scarce. SP81 is easier to find parts for IMO, and a good stout saw. Enough torque to pull a 28-30" bar with skip tooth chain.
Hayseed, I watched that Buckin vid. He didnt just keep up, he whipped that 372! Might just be the chain.;)
Buckin files a real mean chain. I've seen him run many saws in 50cc range pull a 28" bar through some big wood like butter.
I'm working on my filing but dang I wish my saws would cut that good

Back