wow seriously? this guy is a noooooob!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What the hell are you guys talking about? Seriuosly. You cut what, 20-30 trees a year and now you critique people all over the world??? I'm headed out for the day, to burn a few gallons in some big fir. Have fun picking people apart with your little Stihl Half wraps in the GAY-RODGE...:ices_rofl:

My West Coast Brotheren, that's excluding you :)

Don't hold back "brother", tell us how you really feel!:jester:

Did they ever get it down or is it still falling? lol That was so much cutting on that baby tree I almost started to feel sorry for them. (Almost.)

And tell me he wasn't standing directly under the drop zone?

:ices_rofl: As bad as that was I generaly try not to bash others, but that comment was pretty funny.

Don't hold back "brother", tell us how you really feel!:jester:

You see, I don't care how much guys go on and on about people. It's fun, we all do it. But when everyone critiques every damn thing people do, it's irritating. Some of the best cutters in my State have to clean a dutchman out two or three times a day, miss their lay once in a while, ect. Being good is all about being consistant. Grinding that SOB out every damn day with good work.

Your right, that video was wierd.

I do that in a month or two, how are you at topping them out :D

For what I do, not bad, I ain't no expert arborist like you guys. Do a few of those in late winter/early spring. I don't think I'm some climber. I spur the tree to death before I lop it's head off :D

From the accent, I'm pretty sure that was filmed in Quebec.

Just north of me here in France is a huge region full of farmed pine. They've logged it for over a hundred years, but in 2000 and last year these huge wind storms have leveled 20 to 30 percent of the trees as the soil is sandy and the roots are shallow. The market is depressed for the timber with so much of it laying around, but I'll tell you what.... these boys can cut wood.

I drove past about 100 plus acres of stacked pine logs near the port the other day, probably destined for China, but nonetheless it was impressive, and I've lived in Humboldt County and seen a few piles.

Funny thing, they use the same sawsd you pros like too, except they cost more here than in the US. Strange.

Pete

If that was filmed in Quebec, then some forestry workers from France are working in Quebec!

You could give them the benefit of the doubt that the tree was hung up, but their behavior around the fall zone would lead me to believe that they just bought a saw from the dealer and he threw in the matching PPE.

Maybe we should get them topping some BC trees with those skills!

If that was filmed in Quebec, then some forestry workers from France are working in Quebec!

You could give them the benefit of the doubt that the tree was hung up, but their behavior around the fall zone would lead me to believe that they just bought a saw from the dealer and he threw in the matching PPE.

Maybe we should get them topping some BC trees with those skills!
thinning of spruce
For such large trees a breaking bar is not meant!
l of past tree moin of 20m of the upper part to be largely sufficient to demolish it in order to clear
you are right
we are thus do not study of the pro of the whole,
more trees are enough to tighten on the level them summits and to freeze

slaughter of maple one hand two young lumberjack of the IPEA reid

slaughter of a sycamore but two are exploring the reid, stihl ms 660 with guide 50

Cutting wood with the muffler change
translating a few of the post, looks more like two boys that may work for a tree service out playing. Profile says there country is Country:Belgium

this one is an interesting experiment Looks like they formed a socket and cone for the stub
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ghostmonster600#p/u/17/Rk8dj7-hTVc

If that is not narcissism at it's finest....quoting yourself.....or is a rainy day there?

Final exam week, plus with the snow damage most of my clients are doing ground cleanup this week. Looks slow til after Christmas.

It was +9 at 9:30 when I was heading to the university for today's exam. Not much chance for rain.

I quoted myself because of all the guys giving me rep for ribbing you. I might have got as much for that post as the Obama joke I made a few months ago. :rolleyes:

Good to see you in a good mood for your exams. See, I knew I was gonna make your day :notrolls2:

I will tell you the truth I repped JPS for it. Mainly for the reason you can teach any monkey how to cut a tree on the ground, but its a whole new game when you are in the Air taking out trees. And I mean technical drops and rigging not just flop and drops... You can teach that to a monkey too. I am living proof of that. But I have heard from others about some of the work JPS has done and 1 technical removal from in a tree is worth 100 standing on the ground..

Of course thats just my opinion.

No offense Burvol I am sure your a hard core dude and good at what you do but your in the Tree Climbers forum man, would you expect anything else.

Last edited:
I will tell you the truth I repped JPS for it. Mainly for the reason you can teach any monkey how to cut a tree on the ground, but its a whole new game when you are in the Air taking out trees. And I mean technical drops and rigging not just drop and flops... You can teach that to a monkey too. I am living proof of that. But I have heard from others about some of the work JPS has done and 1 technical removal from in a tree is worth 100 standing on the ground..

Of course thats just my opinion.

No offense Burvol I am sure your a hard core dude and good at what you do but your in the Tree Climbers forum man, would you expect anything else.

Tree climber forum? This was about fellling, LOL. I'm not pissed, I just think everyone gets a little carried away with the videos and what they are. I'm glad I made some people laugh:popcorn:

I know the dude can climb, I have read many of JPS' posts, and they are good. I know what it takes to do that stuff, I had the chance to work below some good climbers in the tree care business a couple of winters, and have seen alot of it highlead logging that's pretty nuts if you ask me.

There are too many variables pretaining to the dangers and the artform of climbing & topping to falling a strip of nice timber. It's close to the same in the fact that there is a woody substance, a power saw involved and certain risks, dangers, hazards, and that's about it.

The any monkey can cut a tree mentality shows in alot strips where guys get fired or the loggers wanna punch their face out. I have never said I was some great faller, but I know the difference between a slasher and real log cutter. Monkeys break a lot of good wood, and "just get it on the ground" and walk away. Lame.

Tree climber forum? This was about fellling, LOL. I'm not pissed, I just think everyone gets a little carried away with the videos and what they are. I'm glad I made some people laugh:popcorn:

I know the dude can climb, I have read many of JPS' posts, and they are good. I know what it takes to do that stuff, I had the chance to work below some good climbers in the tree care business a couple of winters, and have seen alot of it highlead logging that's pretty nuts if you ask me.

There are too many variables pretaining to the dangers and the artform of climbing & topping to falling a strip of nice timber. It's close to the same in the fact that there is a woody substance, a power saw involved and certain risks, dangers, hazards, and that's about it.

The any monkey can cut a tree mentality shows in alot strips where guys get fired or the loggers wanna punch their face out. I have never said I was some great faller, but I know the difference between a slasher and real log cutter. Monkeys break a lot of good wood, and "just get it on the ground" and walk away. Lame.

LOL I am just supporting my fellow climber. The any monkey was just to fire you up and have some fun. I do know the difference in a good production feller and the monkey with a chainsaw, like the fact that the good feller can make that extra little cut to land that tree as soft as possible and save the valuable wood among other things but like you just having a laugh. Have fun and Stay safe man.

I will tell you the truth I repped JPS for it. Mainly for the reason you can teach any monkey how to cut a tree on the ground, but its a whole new game when you are in the Air taking out trees. And I mean technical drops and rigging not just flop and drops... But I have heard from others about some of the work JPS has done and 1 technical removal from in a tree is worth 100 standing on the ground..

QUOTE]

JPS knows his $hit, I have seen it first hand. and broke bread with him too. that was scary.

just wish he would speak english sometimes. :laugh:

LOL I am just supporting my fellow climber. The any monkey was just to fire you up and have some fun. I do know the difference in a good production feller and the monkey with a chainsaw, like the fact that the good feller can make that extra little cut to land that tree as soft as possible and save the valuable wood among other things but like you just having a laugh. Have fun and Stay safe man.

I know you are, and I got a cast iron set in that regard, swing away. It's good to get fired up, we're passionate about our work, just like good tradesman should be. Now about that orange and white saw you like...:hmm3grin2orange:

I know you are, and I got a cast iron set in that regard, swing away. It's good to get fired up, we're passionate about our work, just like good tradesman should be. Now about that orange and white saw you like...:hmm3grin2orange:

SAWS and the Orange isnt the same with out the the Gray. Oh yeah I think they actually call it a gray not white. I not sure what is about that color when they use it, it makes the saws out last the all orange ones.

Final exam week, plus with the snow damage most of my clients are doing ground cleanup this week. Looks slow til after Christmas.

It was +9 at 9:30 when I was heading to the university for today's exam. Not much chance for rain.

I quoted myself because of all the guys giving me rep for ribbing you. I might have got as much for that post as the Obama joke I made a few months ago. :rolleyes:

A Nova for your trouble. . .

Back