Wow.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it ok if the France do?:givebeer:

As long as it keeps them home and minding their own business, then yes.:cheers:

I know of a highly decorated french war hero who fought all over the world in the French Foreign Legion. I never met him as he passed away before I had the chance. Men like that I respect.

Limp wristed people wasting a perfectly good saw on a perfectly good tree I have no respect for. I hope they get some real instruction before they kill themselves.

Mr. HE:cool:

I hope they get some real instruction before they kill themselves.

Amen to that.

I mean its funny and all - fancy gear, but the mesh shield doesnt do much if its up - the horrible technique, dangerous tactics & maneuvers, swinging a saw around (pretty sure the chainbrake was not engaged too) etc.

But at the end of the day those 2 kids are lucky to be alive. What is sad is that presumably someone older bought them the saw & the gear...why are they not training them properly?

I'm surprised he didn't surrender before he got the wedge hammered in. Great aim on that sledge.....

What is up with cutting the notch so low?

I don't have any speakers on this computer, but I didn't need them.
I was cringing the entire time I was watching that. My felling skills are crap but those guys make me look like a pro. Some thing I observed

-Chain must be shot, a MS441 20" bar and it takes so long to make those cuts
-Why is the kid moving the saw around so much? doesn't make any sense
-Fancy safety gear is required in Europe, I have a customer who was a tree cutter in Germany for a few years. He said you have to wear full bib chaps, cutting shirts, helmets, cut resistant boots, the whole nine yards. And if you didn't and got hurt the insurance companies wouldn't cover your injuries.

-Dear God why the metal wedge?
-I couldn't watch the whole thing because I thought someone would end up dead.

Come one guys, give them kids some slack. That sawyer was nervous as hell because someone was making a video, and his chain was obviously not very sharp. Makes him indeed a dangerous object. Hopefully he will learn the way along. When he hung up the other one (the one he walks on), the other guy keeps telling him "ne fait pas le con" or "don't do anything stupid".
Kids do stupid things. We all did once.

The whole thing is just complete insanity.

I'll admit that I have effed up pretty good in the past. But it's when I had a few experienced loggers around me to coach me a bit and let me know what I did wrong so I don't do it again.

Experience is everything to us greenhorns. It would be excusible if they were being coached and learning - but even then an experienced logger letting it get that out of hand so a few young bucks can learn what is wrong needs his head examined, or is already dead.

What did they do wrong? ha. ha.

It looks like he actually hit is lay though, maybe.

I think many Europeans use way to much gas when felling trees. They talk about the speed and efficiency of a short bar, but when it takes forever to put a tree on the ground that is a waste of fuel and time. There are trees that need to be bored or put extra time into, but with a little skill and thought, most trees can be felled with three cuts and no wedges, especially that size.

Low stump= more usable timber.

Latest posts

Back